Lambda Alpha Honor Society
Lambda Alpha is the national honors organization for anthropology. Eckerd's chapter of Lambda Alpha is Zeta of Florida. The honor society encourages scholarship and research in anthropology by recognizing and superior achievement in the discipline among students and faculty. Lambda Alpha strives to promote interest in anthropology through a diversity of activities: sponsorship of campus speakers, field excursions, and volunteerism with professional/avocational organizations such as the Florida Gulf Coast Archaeological Society.
Benefits of Lambda Alpha Membership:
- Lambda Alpha includes lifetime memberships, and students may list their affiliation on resumes among other academic honors.
- Members of Lambda Alpha may submit their work for publication in the national journal.
- The National Executive Office provides sizable scholarships each year to two outstanding undergraduate members nationally.
- Members are eligible to purchase the Lambda Alpha Honors satin stole and/or pin to wear at commencement.
- Must be a junior or senior
- Must have completed a minimum of six Anthropology course credits, or the equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 (B) cumulative overall GPA, and a GPA of at least 3.25 in anthropology coursework
- Lifetime membership dues are $25.00 (includes certificate and membership card).
- The society's faculty sponsor solicits new members for Lambda Alpha once a year, in the early spring. Anthropology majors meeting the requirements listed above will be contacted by the discipline.
Zeta of Florida
Cecily Bacon '15
Julia Bradson '15
Julia Hause '15
Alexandra McAlvany '15
Adrian Pendergast '15
Dustin Smith '15
Alexandra Bailey '16
Jennifer Lincoln '16
Laura Winters '16
Shelby Busque '14
Kelly Calder '14
Lorel Schmitzberger '14
Michelle Baldwin '15
Ellie Finkenaur '15
Michaela Paddock '15
Meaghan Rondeau '15
Dr. Jessie Fly, Assistant Professor of Anthropology
Ms. Ashley Humphries, CPT Assistant Professor of Anthropology
2013 Charter Members
Jennifer Duncan '13
Orion Paper '13
Elise Barnes '14
Yuki Nakayama-Larrabee '14
Karyn Paradis '14
Teckla Persons '14
Miranda Watrous '14
Dr. Scott Burnett, Associate Professor of Anthropology
Ms. Lorena Mihok, Visiting Assistant Professor of Anthropology
Dr. Allan Meyers, Professor of Anthropology (Faculty Sponsor)