Information for Pre-Medical Students
There are many good reasons to major in Biology at Eckerd College. Here are just a few of them:
- The requirements for the Biology major fulfill all of the requirements for medical school.
- Undergraduate biology courses are the most important for success in medical school, according to a recent publication in The Journal of the National Association for Advisors for the Health Professions.
- Only two (rather than four) semesters of Seminar are required. This allows you more opportunities to take pre-medical courses, including valuable elective courses.
- Over the years, the Biology major at Eckerd College has had a high acceptance rate to medical school or veterinary medical schools. At times, Biology majors had the highest rate of acceptance to medical school of any major at Eckerd!
- Should your interests in medicine change, you'll have a degree with enough depth for a good job or admission to an excellent graduate program.