Coordinator of Human Development Discipline
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm
Careers in Human Development
- A school district needs counselors to teach life planning and conflict resolution skills to children and adolescents.
- A wellness center is hiring a health promotion specialist to lead health and wellness programs.
- A community mental health center needs a clinical social worker to develop outreach programs for families with hospitalized children or terminally ill adults.
- A residential rehabilitation center needs a rehabilitation counselor to help handicapped residents develop independent living skills and find jobs.
- A city is searching for a recreation director to work with teens and to plan programs at community center.
|Other options include:|
What these careers and many others like them have in common is knowledge and skill to help people grow and develop into fully functioning and healthy human beings! If you would someday like to work as a helping professional, Human Development is the major for you.
Here is a list of companies and organizations some of our recent graduates are employed by:
- Powell Tate - Strategic Communications and Public Affairs | Portfolio Manager for polio and vaccines with The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital | Child Life Specialist
- Virginia Commonwealth University | Basketball Coach
- National Center for Children in Poverty | Early childhood education, public health and community development research
- Peace Corps | Multiple global destinations
- Denver Public Schools | School Psychologist