Assistant Professor of International Business
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
local: (727) 864-8231
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm
Careers in International Business
The international business major requires a study abroad experience, which will open up the world for you and your studies. Many students choose to visit the Eckerd College London Study Centre, and courses such as International Business and Management or Economic and Social Problems in Britain will give a new, global context to your learning. Other opportunities exist around the globe to fit your particular interests.
The international business faculty has close ties with multinational corporations and business executives in the growing Tampa Bay area with the Tampa Bay International Trade Council and with the World Trade Center/Tampa Bay, leading to student opportunities for research, internships, and employment.
Our students have been placed with such prestigious American firms as Arthur Andersen, Kelloggs Singapore, Dean Witter Reynolds, Dunn and Bradstreet, Franklin Templeton Fund, GTE, IBM, Procter & Gamble, Raymond James, Salomon Smith Barney, Tech Data, and others. Graduates have also secured positions at Citicorp Stockholm, Colgate Mexico, World Bank Nigeria, 3M France, Mercedes Germany, Caterpillar Switzerland, Price Waterhouse U.K., Luke & May Australia, IBM Venezuela, Mitsubishi Bank Japan, Tech Data do Brasil, Credit Suisse Geneva, and others.
Our graduates have been accepted to such leading graduate schools as Duke, Emory, Stockholm School of Economics, Baruch Graduate School, N.Y., Institute of International Studies in Geneva, and Notre Dame to name a few. Eckerd College also has a close relationship with the American Graduate School of International Management (Thunderbird) in Arizona. Many of our graduates have gone on to study at Thunderbird’s campuses in Arizona and Switzerland.
- Loren Anderson ’09
- An International Business and Psychology double major, she is currently pursuing a Masters degree in Latin America Area Studies at Columbia University in New York. Additionally, Loren is the Center Director at the Vale-Columbia Center for Sustainable International Investment.
- Ryan Housman ’09
- Sales Leadership Associate at Coca Cola in Atlanta.
- Stephanie Bowen ’09
- Innovation Associate Analyst at Fisher Investments in San Francisco.
- Seiko Tanaka ’10
- Business Development Specialist at FXCM a leading foreign exchange dealer in New York.
- Najah Daher ’10
- Associate at Raymond James Financial Inc. in St. Petersburg.
- Charlotte Dorris ’11
- Teaches English for EF Education First in China.
- Stephen Barber ’12
- International Business and Marine Science double major, he will take a position of Analyst at Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Global Treasury Solutions Group in New York after graduation.