- In the News
- Student Research
- Publications, Grants & Awards
- Internships & Careers
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
Freshman Research Program
The Marine Science Freshman Research Program offers unprecedented opportunities for qualified freshman to work closely with a faculty mentor on various research projects. Past projects include:
- Lactate secretion in marine shrimp under stressful conditions
- Influence of malaria parasites on physiological response in lizards
- Reproductive behavioral ecology of Pipe fish
- Shell selection behavior in hermit crabs
Students learn how to design experiments, implement research, and analyze and present data and results.
For more information on this research program and to apply to the program, please contact the Office of Admissions.