- Goals & Objectives
- Student Responsibilities
- This I Believe
- Course Texts & Readings
- Schedule & Assignments
- 2015 Service Learning Manual
- Course Description
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm
Goals & Objectives
Goals of Course
To facilitate a student’s:
- Search for the inner significance, intention, or purpose of his/her own life (personal, professional, and public citizen from the local to the global level).
- Search for the meaning, purpose, or point of existence.
- Choice to take action to make a positive contribution to the welfare of others and to the environment.
At the end of the QFM course students will be able to:
- Identify more clearly the meanings of one’s life within the context of the greater world community, the possible paths to follow toward this end, the available guidance to seek, and the potential resources to use in this lifelong quest.
- Reflect on one’s way of being and acting in the world to further one’s capacity to make a difference in their community and the world.
- Reveal an awareness of issues concerning the sustaining of the natural environment.
- Demonstrate an awareness of issues concerning the need for fostering cross-cultural understanding and respect for diversity in a global society.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, one’s position on issues of value, beliefs, and meaning.
- Identify the contributions of our global and western heritage, the current academic areas and perspectives, and our various academic disciplines to shaping one’s sense of meaning and to providing direction for the future.
- Explain the power of working together in small groups to provide community service, not only to make a difference in the community and the world, but also to enrich one’s own life and create personal meaning.