Timed Writing Questions
- Describe in detail an encounter with another culture--any other culture--and explain how it influenced your thinking.
- You have been given a time slot for a talk show on national TV. What is the focus of your show (e.g., politics, relationships, art, etc.)? Describe some of the segments and special guests you will have and how they fit your focus.
- Describe a non-family-member who has shaped your life profoundly. What did this person teach you? How have you changed because of this person’s influence?
- If you were granted a free trip anywhere in the world and were allowed to take one person, where would you go, who would you take, and why?
- Describe a challenge you have overcome in your life and explain what you learned from it.