- Admission Home
- Apply Now
- Visit Campus
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Cost of Attending
- Meet Your Counselor
- International Students
- Transfer Admission
- Community Profiles
- Additional Resources
- Guidance Counselors
- Contact Us
Coming from abroad?
Eckerd College follows rolling admission, which means that you can complete an application at any time; however, we do recommend completing your application well ahead of the semester in which you intend to enroll.
We begin reviewing applications in October for the upcoming academic year. Once your application file is complete, we will most likely make a decision on your file within three weeks.
The following are the required parts of an application for international students (students who do not hold a US passport). We encourage you to check out the application checklists to assist you.
1. First Year International Student Application, International Transfer Student Application.
- You may use either the Eckerd College application or the Common Application. Click here to apply.
2. Personal Statement
3. $40 Application Fee
4. Letter of Recommendation
- Students must submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher, or other person who can remark on the student's academic and personal qualifications.
5. English Proficiency Requirement* - All students whose native language is not English must submit one or more of the following:
- TOEFL score of at least 213 computer-based or 550 written examination or 79 internet-based, or
- IELTS overall band score of 6.5 or higher, or
- Official Certificate of Completion of ELS Intensive English Level 112 at an ELS Language Center
* Students whose first language is English or are completing/have completed their secondary school coursework in English can submit a graded essay in English of at least 3,000 words in place of the above options.
Note for Transfer students - Transfer students may be exempt from the English Proficiency exam requirement if they have been enrolled at an institution whose primary language of instruction is English. Students must have completed English Composition I and II (or equivalent) as part of their curriculum for this requirement to be waived.
6. Standardized Tests
- Eckerd College does not require international students to submit SAT or ACT scores. You may submit this in lieu of the graded essay (above).
- All students who wish to participate in varsity level athletics at Eckerd College must submit SAT or ACT scores.
7. Certified, true copies of your secondary school records and corresponding national or provincial examination certificates. Some examples:
- American International Schools: high school transcript
- Bahrain: Al Thaanawiya and Tawjihi Examination Results
- Caribbean: high school transcript and official CXC results
- China, People's Republic: Graduation Certificate from Senior/Upper Middle School and Unified National University Examination
- India: all three documents: school record, Secondary School Certificate and Senior/Higher Secondary Certificate
- Israel: Teudat Bagrut or Teudat Gemer Tichonit
- UK and British-patterned Systems: GCSE / Ordinary Level Certificate with at least five subjects passed as the minimum. If taken, GCEA / AICE / Advanced Level Certificate in addition to GCSEs with at least three passes.
- West African Examinations Council: high school record and official WAEC results send directly to Eckerd from WAEC
Submit your application and corresponding documents to:
Office of Admission
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, Florida 33711
1 (727) 864-8331, toll free within the USA: (800) 456-9009 email@example.com