Fall Open House Schedule
Monday, November 11, 2013
7:45-8:15 a.m. Registration at Hough Quad
A light breakfast will be offered until 8:30 a.m. on the Fox Hall patio. Please enjoy breakfast and refreshments– lunch will be served at 1:00pm.
8:30 – 9:15 a.m. Welcome and Information Session at Miller Auditorium
Learn what the Eckerd experience has to offer you! During this information session, we will cover aspects that make an Eckerd education a unique academic experience.
9:30 – 11:30 a.m. Information Fair at Fox Hall
Representatives from different academic majors and various programs will be available to chat with prospective students and their families.
9:30 & 10:15 a.m. Campus Tours (tours will begin at 9:30 and 10:15)
Become familiar with our beautiful waterfront campus by taking a student led tour. Tours starting at 9:30 will leave from Miller Auditorium, and tours beginning at 10:15 will leave from the front of Fox Hall. The tour will include a dorm room, an academic building, the library and much more! Tours were pre-assigned in order to ensure equal-sized groups, so please DO NOT change groups!
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Workshops
Sessions will begin at 11:30 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Each session is 30 minutes long, allowing you to attend two sessions. You may want to split up as a family to attend more than two!
- Tony Brunello – “How I Teach – Politics” - Political Science – Triton Room *11:30 am ONLY* This is the only one that will not be offered at 12:15 pm
- Julie Empric – “Twain’s Take on Justice”- Literature – Friends of the Library Room in the Armacost Library
- Gavin Hawk – “Saying Yes: Fostering a collaborative environment through improvisation techniques" Theatre – Cobb Gallery
- International Education - Presidents Dining Room
Discover Eckerd’s many options for study abroad and other international education opportunities.
- Career Services – Wireman Conference Room in the Armacost Library Learn more about various career resources, such as perfecting your resume and job interview skills.
1:00 – 2:00 Lunch and closing remarks at the Waterfront – Dean Sullivan
Stay for lunch catered by our very own Bon Appétit and interact with current students, faculty and staff while enjoying hands-on activities at the Waterfront (including another boat tour at 1:15).
2:00 -2:30 Optional Mini Tours of 4 Academic Program Areas
If your schedule allows it, please enjoy an optional and more in depth mini tour of a few of our academic areas. Feel free to split up so that you can experience more than one. Follow the designated Ambassador and Admissions Counselor to the area you are interested in and they will lead you to the parking lot when the tour ends. The following facilities will be shown during the mini tours:
- Bininger Center for Performing Arts and Ransom Visual Arts (Music, Theatre, Visual Arts)
- Galbraith Marine Science Laboratory (Marine Science)
- Sheen Complex (Environmental Studies)
- The James Center for Molecular and Life Sciences (Biology and Chemistry)