Office of Advancement
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
local: (727) 864-8222
fax: (727) 864-8423
Making a Gift to Eckerd College
Ways to Give
- Make a credit card gift online at eckerd.edu/giving.
- Send a check payable to Eckerd College to: Eckerd College, Office of Advancement, 4200 54th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, Florida 33711.
- Set up a monthly transfer from a bank account or credit card by contacting Tom Schneider, associate vice president for development, at 727-864-8409 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stock or other marketable securities can be transferred directly to the College. Click here to learn more.
Annual giving is a catalyst for turning individual gifts into collective energy. That energy is the result of a dynamic interaction of people working together to achieve great things for Eckerd College. With their gifts, alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends enhance the landscape of the College and make a lasting impact on the lives of every student through scholarships, library books, classroom and laboratory equipment, and more. In fact, annual giving augments every aspect of the educational experience and is critical for the College to meet its annual budget and long-range financial goals. Even as we seek to grow the endowment, support capital projects and provide for College programs, we must continue to rely on annual support, which is the lifeblood of Eckerd College.
Major and Planned Giving
Major gifts can be structured in a variety of ways that allow everyone to participate. Eckerd's gift officers can work with you and your financial planner, attorney or other adviser to structure your gift in a way that takes greatest advantage of tax and estate planning guidelines and also realizes your goals for supporting Eckerd College.
Eckerd College offers a variety of gift options for those who wish to commemorate a particular individual or group.
- Establishing a named scholarship or academic program will make the greatest impact on the College's students and faculty.
- Facilities, rooms and other on-campus spaces may, in some circumstances, be named to recognize a significant gift that made possible construction, renovation or operation.
- Planting a commemorative tree requires a minimum gift of $1,500 to fully fund the purchase, installation and ongoing maintenance of the tree. Commemorative trees must be consistent with the College's Master Plan and signage standards.
- In special situations, the College may choose to install a plaque or other significant marker to recognize extraordinary contributions or achievements.
For more information about any of these ways to give, please contact Tom Schneider, associate vice president for development, at 727-864-8409 or email@example.com.