- 2013-14 Tuition and Fees
- eBill and Online Payments
- Student Accounts FAQ
- GLB Act Policy
- Student Insurance Information
- General Financial Information
- 1098-T Tax Information
- Truth in Lending Act
Franklin Templeton Building
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
727-864-8321 or 727-864-8352
Tuition and Fees
For new incoming students who cancel their enrollment before the start of a semester all charges will be canceled and the $400 commitment deposit is forfeited. For continuing students who withdraw before the start of a semester all charges will be canceled. For those students who withdraw after the start of a semester, credit will be issued based on last date of attendance using the following schedule.
Students withdrawing during a semester, tuition refund is as following:
- Within 7 days - 75%
- Within 15 days - 50%
- Within 25 days - 25%
- After 25 days - No refund
Students withdrawing during an autumn or winter term, tuition refund is as following:
- Within 7 days - 50%
- Within 15 days - 25%
- After 15 days - No refund
Students who withdraw after the start of a semester, room and meal charges will be pro-rated based on last date on campus. There is no refund of fees.
*The tuition refund policy will apply to those students who are suspended or dismissed for academic or conduct reasons. Room and meals will be pro-rated based on last date on campus.
It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Dean of Students Office of their withdrawal. Students who fail to notify the Dean of Students office will be assessed an administrative fee.
Return of Financial Aid
Institutional Aid may be pro-rated based on date of withdrawal.
Florida Aid will be granted only if the withdrawal occurs after the end of the drop/add period.
Federal Aid is granted based on a specific Federal formula, which is applied to students at Eckerd College through 60% of the semester. Using the Federal formula, it is determined whether any part of the aid awarded must be returned by the institution and/or the student to Federal Aid programs. Federal Aid Programs include:
- Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Subsidized Stafford Loan
- Perkins Loan
- Pell Grant
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Other Title IV assistance
It is important to note that students with financial aid who withdraw during a semester will typically owe a balance to the College due to the loss of aid, since only a percentage of charges are canceled.
Students Withdrawing from Eckerd College Must Complete the Following Steps:
- Complete a withdrawal form in the Student Affairs office.
- Have the withdrawal form signed in the Financial Aid office. If you have been awarded the Federal Stafford Loan, you must have exit counseling for those loans.
- If you have been awarded the Federal Perkins Loan or an institutional loan, you must complete exit counseling for those loans in the Business office.
- Return the withdrawal form to the Student Affairs office and schedule an appointment for a brief interview.
- If you reside on campus, go to the Residential Life office and complete a room inventory.
- Go to the Bursar’s office to determine the status of your account.
Please note additional information in the Eckerd College catalog concerning withdrawal policies and procedures.