- Business Office
- Mail Services
- Human Resources
- Risk Management
Division of Business and Finance
Franklin Templeton Building
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Accounts Payable is responsible for the payment of all financial obligations of Eckerd College. This unit works closely with all departments to encourage them to plan accordingly and ensure that payments are issued in one of the two weekly check runs. Checks are printed on Mondays and Wednesdays and available for pickup on Tuesdays and Thursdays from the Business Office. To meet our banking requirements and eliminate common fraud attempts, Eckerd College has implemented the Positive Pay Process with our accounts payable checks. This process allows the bank to verify checks presented for payment as legitimate prior to payment. The Positive Pay Process went into effect on Monday, August 1, 2005.
- A/P checks are printed on Mondays & Thursdays at 11:00 a.m. If a holiday falls on Monday or Thursday, AP checks are printed the next business day.
- A/P checks are distributed on Tuesdays and Fridays at 2:00 p.m.
- All approvals must be complete by 10:00 a.m. on the check print date in order to be included in the check run.
- Check requests received after the deadline are processed in the next check run cycle.
- Any difficulties or problems with this process should be reported immediately to Tajana Weiss in the Business Office.
- Emergency or manual checks will only be issued in cases of emergency and must be approved by the CFO in the Business Office.
Required Forms to Process Payments
- Invoice Expense Voucher - Use this form for payments with actual invoice and number.
- Obligation Expense Voucher - Use this form primarily for subscription, membership renewals or invoices without an invoice number to reference and personal reimbursements other than travel.
- Requisition Form - Use this form for issuance of purchase orders per the vendor's request. Minimum purchase order amount is $500.
- Cash Advance Form - Use this form for travel expenses which cannot be paid in advance from the Accounts Payable department or with a P-Card (i.e., transportation, hotels, registration fees). Please note these are subject to approval before payment is issued. Please remember to clear cash advance within thirty days of return from travel with the Travel Expense Voucher & Cash Advance Clearance Form; otherwise, the cash advance may be considered taxable income per IRS requirements of an accountable reimbursement plan.
- Travel Expense Voucher & Cash Advance Clearance - Use this form for business-related travel reimbursement (i.e., mileage, hotel, car rental, food). Also used to clear cash advances as described above. Effective September 15, 2007, the College's mileage reimbursement rate for use of a personal automobile for business travel is 48.5 cents per mile.
- Procedures for paying Honoraria to Foreign Visitors, Non Resident Aliens (NRA’s) & EC Performance Agreement Form & Foreign Visitor Honoraria Eligibility Certification- If Payment is to be available to them after their appearance on campus, preparations for payment to Non-Resident Alien (NRA's) must be taken well in advance of a NRA's arrival on campus. The NRA must have a Visa Type that allows us to make a payment to them. There are many documents that must be obtained before we can prepare a check, please read the procedures carefully.
- Accounts Payable Direct Deposit Authorization Form - Use this form to complete the necessary information to receive your A/P check as an ACH Direct Deposit into your bank account. Specific Instructions on how to complete this form are on the second page of the form. Note: This form is best supported in a Adobe Acrobat version 7.0 or above. Here is a link to update Abode Acrobat, if needed.
- W-9 Form - Request for taxpayer identification number and certification. See #2 Listed under Most Requested Forms and Publications.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Accounts Payable Clerk