At the end of the Campaign, Eckerd was proud to have:
- received $82,687,903 in gifts and pledges from 10,860 donors, 40% of them first-time donors;
- 195 donors join the Science Fellows, a recognition society for those who give $5,000 or more to the Center for Molecular and Life Sciences;
- increased membership by more than 100 in the Kadel Society, which honors donors who have included Eckerd College in their estate plans;
- worked with hundreds of trustee, alumnus/a, parent, ASPEC, faculty and staff volunteers to realize the goals of the Many Experiences, One Spirit Campaign;
- almost tripled the College’s endowment to $47.4 million and created 123 new endowed funds, nearly doubling the number of endowed scholarships and programs;
- collected more than $61 million in cash gifts to the Campaign, a remarkable 74% of all commitments;
- 231 donors (including 63 alumni) give—for the first time— gifts of $25,000 or more, largely inspired by the $25 million Collier Challenge, which matched gifts at this level; and
- doubled the number of endowed professorships with the addition of the Richard R. Hallin Professorship in Natural Sciences, Tom and Mary James Professorship in Finance, Peter Meinke Professorship in Creative Writing, Christian Nielsen Professorship in Film Studies and the Elie Wiesel Professorship in Humane Letters.
By the Numbers
Click anywhere below to see more statistics and information.