- Disability Support Services (DSS)
- Accessing DSS
- Eligibility for DSS
- Students Currently Registered with DSS
- Specialized Housing Accommodation Requests
- Meal Plan Exemption
- Emotional Support and Service Animal Accommodations
- Prospective and First Year Students
- Documentation for Learning Disabilities
- Documentation for Other Disabilities
- More Resources
- Counseling & Health Services Home
Counseling & Health Services
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
Counseling: (727) 864-8248
Health: (727) 864-8326
Counseling Services Hours
M - F 8:30am - 5:00pm
Health Services Hours
M, T, Th, F 8:30am - 5:00pm
W 9:00am - 6:00pm
Students Currently Registered with DSS
If you are currently registered with Disability Support Services, the process for requesting your accommodations each semester has changed as of September 1, 2008.
Currently registered students receive a reminder email at the beginning of each semester encouraging them to go online to the DSS portal and request their accommodations for the current semester. The process is fast and easy.
You no longer need to meet with DSS staff each semester to request your accommodations. Nor do you need Faculty Notification Forms. This process is now completed online, and you (and your professors) will be notified by email when your accommodations are approved.
However, if you need any support or assistance, please contact us! We are here to assist you in your academic success! Email us at email@example.com or call us at 727-864-8248 to schedule an appointment. We're here for you!
The instructions for requesting your accommodations online may be found here. Please keep in mind the following DSS guidelines in securing your academic accommodations:
- Accommodations cannot be made retroactively. Another good reason to make your request now....right now!
- We require three (3) business days to review and approve your request. If you need to use accommodations within the next three (3) business days, you MUST call Counseling & Disability Support Services at 727-864-8248.
- You will be notified via email when your request has been reviewed and approved, so please check your Eckerd email account frequently and ensure you have ample space to receive messages.
- You will need to re-request your accommodations each semester.
- If you want to request a new accommodation, or a revision to an existing accommodation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- Accommodations for tests/exams you want to take in Counseling Services must still be made separately, after accommodations are approved. Contact DSS at 727-864-8248 for information on requesting test accommodations.
Our office hours are 8:30am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, and our phone number is 727-864-8248. Please call us if you have any questions!