- Health Promotion
- Programs & Services
- Health Information & Links
- Contact Us
- Counseling & Health Services Home
Office of Health Promotion
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
local: (727) 864-8031
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Health Information & Links
Below is a collection of Health & Wellness links organized by topics ranging from alcohol awareness to body image. There are a number of great resources collected here so take some time to read through them.
- Alcohol Use Test Test your relationship with alcohol.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Official Site for Pinellas County Intergroup. AA meetings and news in Pinellas County.
- The Interactive Body See how alcohol affects your body.
- How to Cut down on your Drinking Answer a set of simple questions, find out how much is too much, and get tips on cutting down.
- Alcohol Myths Read about some common alcohol myths and discover the facts.
- Calculators What is BAC and what is it costing you? Check the calculators to find out.
- E-cards Powerful and to the point. Send a wake-up call to someone you know.
- FAQs on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Visit this page to view frequently asked questions about alcohol and find the out the answers.
- Snapshot of Drinking Consequences This snapshot of annual high-risk college drinking consequences includes a concise list of facts outlining the effects of alcohol abuse on college campuses, communities, and students.
- Alcohol: What You Don't Know Can Harm You Did you know that even moderate drinking, under certain circumstances, can be risky? If you drink at more than moderate levels, you may be putting yourself at risk for serious health and other problems. This booklet explains some of the problems that can be caused by drinking that you may not have considered.
- Family History of Alcoholism: Getting the Facts This booklet answers common questions about the genetic and environmental factors that increase ones risk for alcoholism. Are you at risk? If so, learn what you can do to lower your risk.
- Facts About Alcohol Poisoning Do you know the dangers of alcohol poisoning? Read about the signs of alcohol poisoning, myths about sobering up, and what to do if you think a friend is suffering from alcohol poisoning.
- Cast Recovery This website provides a free referral service and consultations to college students. Their toll-free line (866-597-3422) is operated by licensed addiction counselors.
- kNOw Dieting Learn about the risks of dieting and reasons to stops.
- A Declaration of Independence from a weight-obsessed worldClick here to sign the declaration of independence from a weight obsessed world.
- Ten Steps to a Positive Body Image Improve your body image today with these easy steps. You are worth it!
- Nutrition Fact Sheets from the American Dietetic Association
- Sex Information for College Students This site is designed specifically for college students and includes information on contraception, STDs, healthy relationships, and much more.
- STI Quiz STI Quiz from SmarterSex.Org. Test your knowledge and learn more.
- Planned Parenthood Learn about the service available at Planned Parenthood and how to contact the St. Petersburg center.
- Sexual Assault What should I do?
- After Sexual Assault A recovery guide for survivors
- Crime Victim What you can do if you are a victim of a crime
- Florida Quit For Life Line: Free smoking cessation counseling and free nicotine replacement therapy. Call 1-877-822-6669
- Free Guide to Quitting Smoking: American Cancer Society resource
- www.smokefree.gov: government sponsored smoking cessation site
- QUIT SMOKING NOW Program: Free individual and group counseling through Gulfcoast North Area Health Education Center, Inc.