- Employment Opportunities
- Health & Wellness
- Policies and Procedures
- Professional Development
- Staff Council
- Contact Us
Franklin Templeton Building
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
phone: (727) 864-8332
fax: (727) 864-7559
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Eckerd College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws providing for nondiscrimination in employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. Eckerd College also provides reasonable accommodation for such individuals in accordance with these laws.
- Qualified individuals with disabilities are treated in a nondiscriminatory manner in the pre-employment process and employees with disabilities are treated in a nondiscriminatory manner in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
- All medical-related information will be kept confidential in accordance with the requirements of the ADA and retained in separate confidential files.
- Applicants and employees with disabilities will be provided reasonable accommodation, except where such an accommodation would create an undue hardship on the college.
- Eckerd College will notify individuals with disabilities that Eckerd provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities, by including this policy in Eckerd's online policy and procedure manual and by posting the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's poster on not discriminating against individuals with disabilities.
Process for Requesting an Accommodation
- Qualified individuals with disabilities may make requests for reasonable accommodation to Human Resources.
- Upon receipt of an accommodation request, Human Resources will meet with the requesting individual to discuss and identify the precise limitations resulting from the disability and the potential accommodation the college might make to help overcome those limitations.
- Human Resources, Risk Management and the appropriate management representatives identified as having a need to know (e.g., the individual's supervisor/department head or Dean of the Faculty, if accommodation is made for a member of the faculty), will determine the feasibility of the requested accommodation, considering various factors, including, but not limited to, the nature and cost of the accommodation, the availability of tax credits and deductions, outside funding, the college's overall financial resources and organization, and the accommodation's impact on the operation of the department, including its impact on the ability of other employees to perform their duties and on the college's ability to conduct business.
Human Resources will inform the employee of the college's decision on the accommodation request.
- Employment Practices
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Break Time for Nursing Mothers
- Code of Conduct
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Employment Classifications
- Recruitment & Appointment of Personnel
- Probationary Period
- Employment of Relatives
- Performance Evaluations
- Auxiliary Employment
- Drug Free Workplace
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Amorous Relationship Policy
- Worker's Compensation
- Smoke-Free Campus
- Use of College Vehicles
- Communication Systems Policy
- Principal Investigator Conflict of Interest Policy (faculty)
- Ethical Research Policy (faculty)
- Salary, Wages & Hours
- Leaves, Holidays & Vacations
- Termination of Employment
- Tenure Policy
- Employee Communication Procedure
- Emergency Operations
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy