Spring Semester 2015: London Study Centre
Experience London and all of its beauty and history. See London’s green spaces in a very different way. Live and study in Historic Bloomsbury within three blocks of Russell Square, the closest "green space" to the London Study Centre. Enjoy travel opportunities in the United Kingdom and on the Continent.
Faculty Leader: Professor Alexis Ramsey-Tobienne
Comprehensive Cost (does not include airfare): TBA
The British Seminar is required and satisfies the Global Perspective. Classes meet once weekly, leaving time for you to explore London on your own and creating great opportunities for travel throughout the UK and to the Continent.
Led by Professor Ramsey:
- The British Seminar - Global Perspective
- London’s Green Initiatives – From Hampstead Heath and Epping Forest to the City Gardens across the “Square Mile,” London is one of the greenest major cities in the world. Indeed, London has over 35,000 acres of public space and almost 11,000 acres of green space in and around the city…Our course adopts an environmental rhetorical perspective to explore how these green spaces and places and the heritage sites located within offer specific narratives about what we value in the natural world… Environmental Perspective
Led by London faculty:
- Introduction to Contemporary British Politics - Behavioral Sciences Area Requirement
- London in Literature - Humanities Area Requirement, Comparative Literature Course
- Theatre in London - Arts Area Requirement
- British Art History - Arts Area Requirement
Application Deadline: October 15, 2014