- ARC Home
- AV Resources
- Web Resources
- Online Course Materials
- Posting Documents (FTP)
- How To
Information Technology Services
Peter H. Armacost Library
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
local: (727) 864-8325
Cascade Server CMS
When you log in, you are initially brought to your Dashboard, which contains any current Workflows and any Messages from the administrators. On the left side of the window is the document tree, where you can access the pages you are able to edit.
Once you have chosen a page to edit, mouse over the document icon in the content section of the page and select Edit Page.
In the Edit mode, use the editor to make changes to your page. You can insert images, links, tables and format text in the editor.
Once you have completed your edits, hit Submit at the bottom of the page. This will save the page into the system. Once you are ready for the page to appear live on your site, hit Publish toward the top of the screen.
Creating New Content
At the top of the window you can select New > (Your Department) and choose the type of new content you would like to create (File, Folder, Image, Page).
Creating a New Page
- Select New > (Your Department) > Page and you will open the editor with a standard page template.
- Select the System tab and give the page a name (this name will become the actual file name, so avoid spaces and keep it short as a rule of thumb). You can also select a different Folder for the new page to be created in (by default it will be created in the root folder).
- Select the Metadata tab and give the page a Display Name and Title. The Display Name will be the actual name of the link to the page as it will appear in the menu and the Title will appear in the browser title bar.
Copying an Existing Page
- Select the page you would like to make a copy of.
- Select Copy in the blue bar at the top.
- Give the page copy a name, and select which folder you would like it to be copied to.
- Once copied, the CMS will bring you to the preview of the copied page. Edit this page (by selecting the document icon in the content section of the page or selecting Edit in the blue bar at the top). Remember to select the Metadata tab and give this new page a Display Name and Title.
- The system will time you out after 30 minutes of inactivity, so be sure to submit changes as you make them - if you are in edit mode for 30 minutes without hitting submit you might lose your changes.
- Images should not exceed 416 pixels in width or they may break the template.
- The system automatically indexes pages and folders and creates menus from these. If you create a folder in the root and place files in it, the name of the folder will become the main menu item while the files within the folder will become submenu items.
- Versions can be a great way to correct mistakes. You can always pull up a page in the system and select the Versions tab to review and Preview and Activate previous versions of that page.
- Be careful when deleting. Versioning cannot restore deleted files, so be certain you know which file you have highlighted in the document tree before you delete it.