My browser crashes!
There are many reasons for why a web browser might crash. Some possibilities:
- Multiple versions of Java do not play nicely. The Java Check Guide will help you deal with this issue.
- WebCT Support recommends Java 1.4.2 versions as the best in the WebCT Tune-Up . The guide above provides step through installing one of those versions.
- Java5 (1.5.0_xx) should work fine, although right now it is not the recommended version.
- 2006-Jan-24 - Reports are circulating various WebCT Support groups that Java5 Update 6 will cause Internet Explorer to crash when it prompts to register the certificates. The certificates were registered and starting up the web browser again will not crash the browser again. If you have an incident of this, then please report it by sending an email message to email@example.com.
- A crashing web browser could be signs of other factors:
- a computer virus
- poor functioning anti-virus software
- poor functioning toolbars or extensions
These are unfortunately a wide variety of factors to which someone needs to pay attention in order to solve a problem. We will gladly accept information from you mentioning other reasons that you have managed to discover that cause your browser to crash. If appropriate we will add this source of trouble to the list above.