Campus Wide Aliases
Student, Staff, and Faculty Aliases
The primary announcement lists are "firstname.lastname@example.org", "email@example.com", "firstname.lastname@example.org", "email@example.com" and "firstname.lastname@example.org". As the name implies, you will receive the official voice of the campus over these emails -- messages from the President, Deans, Campus Safety, Emergency Preparedness, and the like.
Conversation and other posts can be put on "email@example.com", "firstname.lastname@example.org", and "email@example.com" These aliases are to be used for discussion among your peers. You may choose to opt-out and not receive the emails or get a digest version of this information.
For Residential Students use firstname.lastname@example.org and for PEL Students, email@example.com -- unless you are sending an invitation to an event (firstname.lastname@example.org) or information about clubs (email@example.com).
Members of each "talk" alias can post directly to the alias in which they belong without any sort of delay, but those members outside the alias can not. For example, if you are a staff member and have not opted-out of the "staff-talk" alias, when you send an email to "staff-talk" it will be delivered. But, if you are a student and you want to send to the "faculty-talk" alias, it will go to the moderator of that alias first.
Messages not to send to students, faculty, and staff.
- Multiple reminders. An event gets one announcement and one reminder.
- Anything which has another list available. However, you can send one reminder to the main lists about these other lists.
- If you have any doubt or questions of which list to use, please email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
Topic Email Lists
The following existing or new lists will carry information which may be of interest to you. If you are not a member of the list by default, make sure you sign up.
- cps-events: moderated by the Office of Communications (OoC); CPS events only. New users are added to list by default. No opting-out allowed for students.
- campus-events: moderated by the OoC - any event being advertised to campus, such as the monthly calendar, events such as red cross, etc. Users are added by default, can opt out or receive as digest.
- clubs: announcements for clubs and events. Students are added by default, can opt-out or receive as digest.
- ITS-announce carries urgent system announcements - planned work, crashed servers and broken cables.
- ITS-news is the ITS discussion and news list
- tritonsports - Sports information from Eckerd College Athletics
Visit http://lists.eckerd.edu for more lists, links, and information.