All information on Novell is property of Eckerd College. Please review Eckerd's copyright policy as to what may be stored on legally using Eckerd resources.
- NetStorage, which is one of the tools we use for Novell Remote access, has limitations. Please review the usage notes. The limitations are basically that NetStorage is not like working at a Windows workstation, and direct editing of a file is not possible. The Usage Notes will describe this.
- Please review the remote access policy if you are downloading college information to an off-campus location.
Remote Access with the Eckerd College Terminal Server (remotedesktop.eckerd.edu)
- There are three ways to connect to our terminal server, at remotedesktop.eckerd.edu.
- One way is from a Windows workstation, run the RDP service and enter the address remotedesktop.eckerd.edu. The program is found on most Windows workstations by clicking on the start button, selecting accessories, and selection Remote Desktop Connection, and entering the address remotedesktop.eckerd.edu. A login prompt will be presented. Enter your Novell user name and password. The initial connection may seem slow so wait a couple of minutes. Then you will have a windows desktop.
- Macintosh workstations may run an RDP service. Speak with someone on our team to learn how to set this up.
- Another way to get to our terminal server, is to login to the site http:\\sslvpn.eckerd.edu, and select the Remote Desktop program. Login then will commence to the remotedesktop.eckerd.edu terminal server. The login to http:\\sslvpn.eckerd.edu is available off campus from anywhere in the world.
- When working in the terminal server, save your work to the Novell mapped drives, H, S or other drives. We do not recommend saving the work to the desktop or the C drive. This service is available on campus to those who do not have the Novell client on a Windows workstation. NOTE: when working with the terminal server, be careful about whether the screen is focused on the Terminal Server desktop or the local workstation's desktop. It might be helpful to use the terminal server in full screen mode to prevent this confusion. Be sure to log out when finished, or there might difficulty with reconnection or document corruption.
- Please review the Novell Drive and Quota policy