Printing Capabilities on Campus
PaperCut is a service used on campus to allow for managed printing. Direct printing using PaperCut is available on the computers in the Armacost library. Print Release stations are located in the Armacost Library in the Lab and in the Copy Room, and also at the James Center in the hallway outside of the NAS office and in the North central corridor. Simply print the job, give it a name, and then proceed to one of the release stations to print the job.
Print requests can also be sent from any computer on campus including one’s own computer or laptop by using the PaperCut Web Print function.
To use the Web Print feature:
- Logon to Papercut.eckerd.edu using your email ID and Password
- Find the Web Print Link on the left-side menu
- Select the Web Print link and then Submit a Job on the following page.
- Select either the Library print queue or the James Center print queue.
- Enter the number of copies desired
- Upload your document -- note that the Papercut Web Print only permits printing of Microsoft Office document type or pdf files. To print any other type of file you must use the Papercut system on one of the computers at the Armacost library or convert the file to a pdf.
- Select either the Armacost Library or the James Center print queue
- Proceed to a Release Station to print the job
Freshmen = 700 sheets of paper per year
Sophomores and Juniors = 600 sheets of paper per year
Seniors = 1000 sheets of paper per year
Conserve Your Print Allotment With Duplex Printing: Students are encouraged to engage in duplex printing whenever possible to conserve their print allotment. Students are not charged for the reverse page when utilizing duplex printing. Note: Duplex printing is unavailable via Webprint.
Add Money To Your Account Via Papercut: If students exceed their allotted print quota, they may add additional funds via cash at the pay station machine located in the Eckerd College Library or credit card via their papercut account (http://papercut.eckerd.edu). Additional pages are assessed at the rate of $0.10 per sheet of paper.
Note: if a professor REQUIRES that the students in a given course print out more than 200 pages per term, the PROFESSOR may request that the Director of Instructional Technology increase the print quota for all the students in that course by 100 sheets of paper. These requests may not be student initiated.
A kiosk is available in the library reference area to purchase additional prints. Papercut also provides a link from the student's/patron's account page to add credit with a credit card.
For those that do not have a student account, temporary accounts may be created providing a $1.00 non-refundable quota.