Maximizing Your Leadership Potential
Phase 1: Getting Started
The program experience starts with personal leadership assessments that focus the program to the specific needs of each participant. Often cited as the most valuable aspect of the program experience, the assessment begins several weeks in advance and engages the participant as well as his or her boss, direct reports and peers.
Phase 2: Face-to-Face—3 Days
Day 1: Self-Awareness and Communication
- Leadership transition lessons
- First leadership assessment: understanding your strengths and development needs
- Second leadership assessment: interpersonal needs
- Communication effectiveness
Day 2: Influence and Constructive Responses to Conflict
- Strategies for strengthening relationships in the workplace through influencing and responding constructively to conflict
- Third leadership assessment: personality preferences
- Videotaped practice on managing conflict facilitated by CCL-certified executive coaches
Day 3: Taking it Home
- Integration: one-on-one session with a CCL-certified executive coach
- Strategy development for key leadership challenge
- Individual goal development and action plans
Phase 3: Application
To support the lessons of the program after the training, participants receive a 45-minute post-classroom coaching call.
Eckerd College also offers resources and support for building leadership skills and connecting individual development to organizational needs.
The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) ranked No. 4 overall in the 2014 Financial Times worldwide survey of executive education. CCL has earned a Top 10 ranking for 13 consecutive years and remains the only institution among 75 in the survey that specializes in leadership education and research.
Sign up to receive a White Paper on our new cutting-edge assessment tool, the Entrepreneurial Dimensions Profile™ (EDP).