Maximizing Your Leadership Potential
"The resources, training and coaching provided by the MLP program enabled me to clearly identify my strengths and opportunities as well as how they are perceived by others. The program also provided me insight on my own personal goals and objectives and how they coincide with my team and the direction of the company."
Regional Manager, P & AP
Starbucks Coffee Company
Created by the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®), this flagship leadership development experience has been in use for over 30 years and is recognized around the world for excellence in leadership development. CCL ranked No. 6 overall in the 2012 Financial Times worldwide survey of executive education.
If you're managing other people for the first time, you know that the shift from successful individual contributor to effective manager can be tricky. As a first-time manager or supervisor, your perspective expands, your responsibilities increase and your ability to achieve goals requires a dramatically enhanced set of people skills.
To be an effective leader, you need a solid understanding of your own leadership style, strengths and weaknesses—as well as an array of tactics for getting the best performance out of others.
Maximizing Your Leadership Potential addresses your specific leadership challenges and prepares you to achieve results by leading others.
How it Works
Organizations struggle to build leadership and management skills among first-level managers. The insufficient preparation of many for this new role can create numerous challenges throughout the system.
The Maximizing Your Leadership Potential program tailors leader development to the needs of leaders in transition from individual contributor to manager roles.
The program immerses participants in four fundamental areas: self-awareness, learning agility, communication and influence. In addition, participants work on two issues that are particularly challenging for most first-time managers: managing conflict and building relationships.
Throughout the 3-day interactive program, managers will focus on specific skills and how-to's that they can use right away. They leave the program better prepared to drive results by leading others and with far greater comfort in their roles as managers.
Maximizing Your Leadership Potential provides first-time managers and supervisors with practical steps they can take to
- Increase the commitment and engagement of the team
- Build sustainable relationships and increase productivity
- Leverage the power of conflict
- Influence others by aligning their needs to the needs of the project
- Intensive feedback. A comprehensive assessment of the leadership skills most critical to success at this level provides deeply personalized data for feedback and improvement.
- An interactive hands-on format. Tangible action steps and how-to's prepare participants to take action upon returning to work.
- Take-home tools. Resources are tailored to support the newly-enhanced skills of influencing, conflict resolution and communication.
- Personal coaching. Participants are provided with 100 minutes of one-to-one coaching during the classroom session plus a 45-minute post-classroom coaching call.
Who Should Attend
Maximizing Your Leadership Potential is for first-time managers and managers of individual contributors. They may have been recently promoted or are experiencing new pressures within a current management role. MLP is also appropriate for more experienced managers who would benefit from training on the fundamentals of leadership development.
Top 10 Worldwide
The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) ranked No. 8 overall in the 2013 Financial Times worldwide survey of executive education. CCL has placed in the Top 10 for the twelfth straight year and remains the only institution among 50 in the survey that specializes in leadership education and research.