- Research Tools
- Library Information
- Faculty Services
- Friends of the Library
Ask a Librarian
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
local: (727) 864-8337
Welcome to the Armacost Library! Our facility, officially dedicated on February 16, 2005, houses both the library operations and Information Technology Services operations. The library boasts 17 group study rooms, a wireless network, 24 hour computer lab, and beautiful water views. So that your library experience may be as comfortable and pleasant as possible, we ask all visitors to please observe a few basic rules:
- The entire Library, including the lanai, is a smoke free environment.
- Neither food nor uncovered/uncapped drinks maybe brought into the building.
- Cell phones should be set on vibrate and lengthy conversations taken outside so as not to disrupt others.
- Skateboards, roller blades, cleats or any other footwear likely to damage carpets are not permitted inside the building.
- Shoes and shirts are required.
- No unauthorized signs maybe taped, tacked or glued to library windows, walls or doors.
- Pets or any other animals, besides "service" animals, are not allowed inside the building. “Service animals” are strictly defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- The seventeen group study rooms are available for use on a first come, first served basis. Individuals may use any available open room, but groups always take precedence.
- Patrons engaging in disruptive or inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave the building. Inappropriate behavior includes violations of the college's sexual harassment policies and/or violations implicit in the "Shared Commitment" statement.
- Library and ITS staff are not responsible for personal belongings left unattended in the Library or Computer Lab. These may be removed and placed in lost and found behind the circulation desk at the discretion of the staff.
- Members of the public engaged in scholarly research are permitted guest access to the library and its resources. Guests requiring prolonged use of the library are encouraged to apply for membership in the Friends of the Eckerd College Library. Visitors are expected to abide by the library building policy. Violation of any of the above rules will result in revocation of guest access.
- Library guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
If you have any questions or comments, we're always happy to hear from you or call 727-864-8337.