- Research Tools
- Library Information
- Faculty Services
- Friends of the Library
Ask a Librarian
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
local: (727) 864-8337
- Chambers Classic Speeches
- Complete film dictionary
Call Number: PN 1993.45 .K66 1997
- Encyclopedia of New Media
Call Number: QA 76.575 .E5368 2003
- Encyclopedia of Rhetoric
Call Number: PN 172 .E52 2001
- Film Encyclopedia
Call Number: PN 1993.45 .K34 2001
- International Encyclopedia of Communications
Call Number: P 87.5 .I5 1989
- Oxford History of World Cinema
Call Number: PN 1993.5 .A1 O96 1995
- Voices of Multicultural America: Notable Speeches...
Call Number: E 184 A1 V64 1996
- Webster's New World Dictionary of Media and Communications
Call Number: P 87.5 W45 1996
Communication & Mass Media Complete
Access: Network Restricted
Content: Full-text, abstracts, and indexing for more than 500 journals and selected coverage of 200 more, with a combined coverage of 690 titles in communications, mass media, and other closely related fields. (380 titles are full-text).
Gender Studies Collection
Content: The Gender Studies Collection provides access to scholarly journals and magazines covering topics including gender studies, family and marital issues, and more.
MLA (Modern Language Association)
Coverage: InfoTrac, Literature Resource Center, network restricted
Content: Citation indexing of scholarly research in over 3,000 journals and series in literature, language, linguistics, and folklore. It also covers relevant monographs, working papers, proceedings, bibliographies, and other formats.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Access: InfoTrac, network restricted
Content: Full-text magazine and news articles of information on social issues. Access viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, and links to websites. Subjects include abortion, animal rights, bioethics, crime, education, health care, national security, pollution, sex education, women's rights, and more.
Pop Culture Collection
Content: Pop Culture Collection provides access to scholarly journals and magazines that both analyze and contribute to popular culture. The database offers useful information for researchers in social science, history, art or liberal arts courses.
Access: Network restricted
Coverage: varies (most titles cover the previous 2-5 years)
Content: Full-text Film Studies journals include: Camera Obscura, Cinema Journal, Film History: An International Journal, The Moving Image, and Wide Angle, and many more.
- The Encyclopedia of Television: The Encyclopedia of Television includes more than 1,000 original essays from more than 250 contributors and examines specific programs and people, historic moments and trends, major policy disputes and such topics as violence, tabloid television and the quiz show scandal.
- Gifts of Speech: Women's Speeches from around the world: Historic and contemporary speeches by women, sponsored by Sweet Briar College.
- Presidential Inaugural Addresses and more: The American Presidency Project offers transcripts of all inaugural addresses plus state of the union messages, radio addresses, debates, FDR's Fireside chats, and more.
- Online Speech Bank: Database of and index to 5000+ full text, audio and video versions of public speeches, sermons," and more.
- National Communication Association: Founded in 1914, NCA is a non-profit organization of researchers, educators, students, and practitioners, whose academic interests span all forms of human communication. NCA is the oldest and largest national organization serving the academic discipline of Communication.
- American Communication Association Online: ACA is committed to enabling the effective use of new and evolving technologies to facilitate communication instruction, research and criticism, and to offering a technologically supportive venue for all who study the ways in which humans communicate.