- Research Tools
- Library Information
- Faculty Services
- Friends of the Library
Ask a Librarian
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
local: (727) 864-8337
- Cambridge Encyclopedia of Child Development
- Cambridge Handbook of Age and Ageing
- Cambridge Handbook of Personal Relationships
- The Child : An Encyclopedic companion
Call Number: HQ 767.84 .C55 2009
- Contemporary Youth Culture
- Dictionary of Psychology
Call Number: BF 31 C65 2001
- Encyclopedia of Marriage and the Family
Call Number: HQ 9 E52
- Encyclopedia of Mental Health
Call Number:RA 790 .E53 1998
- Encyclopedia of Psychology
Call Number: BF 31 E52 2000
- Encyclopedia of Social Work
Call Number: HV 35 S67
- Encyclopedia of Sociology
Call Number: HM 425 E5 2000
- Handbook of Psychology
Call Number: BF 121 H1955 2003
- International Encyclopedia of Adolescence
Call Number: HQ 796 .I58 2007
- International Encyclopedia of Sexuality
Call Number: HQ 21 I68 1997
ProQuest Psychology Journals
Access: Proquest, network restricted
Content: Full-text, abstracts, and indexing for 710 journals in psychology and related fields plus related articles in education, business, medicine, nursing, law, and social work. (570 titles are full-text).
PsycNET (PsycINFO & PsycARTICLES)
Access: Network restricted
Content: PsycNET includes PsycINFO and PsycARTICLES and contains abstracts and citations of journal articles, book chapters, and book literature in psychology as well as psychological aspects of related disciplines such as psychiatry, sociology, education, anthropology, business, etc. PsychArticles contains full-text for 78 journals including all APA published journals, Canadian Psychological Association journals and Hogrefe Publishing Group - English-language titles.
Access: Network Restricted
Content: Abstracts and full-text for Sociology and related fields (Criminal Justice, Gender Studies, Social Work, etc.). Abstracts for 1200 journal titles and full-text for 450 titles. Also, "SocINDEX features over 25,000 Author Profiles covering the most prolific, most cited, and most frequently searched for authors in the database."
General & Statistical Resources
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development: Browse research and publications on a wide variety of "topics related to the health of children, adults, families, and populations"
- Forum on Child and Family Statistics: This website offers easy access to statistics and reports on children and families, including: family and social environment, economic circumstances, health care, physical environment and safety, behavior, education and health.
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES): The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education. Part of the U.S. Department of Education.
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS): compile statistical information to guide actions and policies to improve the health of our people. Part of the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- American Counseling Association: professional association with links to resources, conferences, products, jobs, and more.
- The National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations: founded in 1979. It is an alliance of professional associations dedicated to the advancement of the arts as therapeutic modalities. NCCATA represents over 15,000 individual members of six creative arts therapies associations nationwide.
Infancy, Childhood, Adolescence Resources
- Administration for Children and Families Home Page: The Administration for Children and Families (ACF) is a federal agency funding state, territory, local, and tribal organizations to provide family assistance (welfare), child support, child care, Head Start, child welfare, and other programs relating to children & families.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Dedicated to the health, safety and well-being of infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
- Children's Defense Fund: Non-profit organization focusing on childrens rights with particular attention on the needs of poor and minority children and those with disabilities.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children: Association of early childhood educators and others dedicated to improving the quality of programs for children from birth through third grade.
- The Foundation for Child Development: The oldest private, independent, grant making foundation in the nation with a sustained focus on improving the life prospects of children. Source of the Child Well-Being Index (CWI), a composite measure based on 28 indicators in seven key areas of well-being.
- American Geriatric Society: Professional organization of health care providers dedicated to improving the health and well-being of older adults.
- Gerontological Society of America: Professional organization with a mission to promote research and education in aging and to encourage the dissemination of research results to other scientists, decision makers, and practitioners.
- U.S. Administration on Aging (AoA): Provides a comprehensive overview of a wide variety of topics, programs and services related to aging.
Career and Graduate School Information
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: This online reference book is published by the US government. Use this resource to find information about your career including: the training and education needed, earnings, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, and working conditions.
- O*Net Online: Created by the US Department of Labor, the O*NET program is the nation's primary source of occupational information.
- Peterson's: Excellent resources for information about Graduate School Programs. Use the large search box in center of screen to enter your keywords, choose graduate and click search. Once you find a school that offers your program, go directly to the school website for more information about the requirements and program specifications.