- Research Tools
- Library Information
- Faculty Services
- Friends of the Library
Ask a Librarian
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
local: (727) 864-8337
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology
Call Number: BF 109 A1 B56 1997
- Handbook of Child Psychology
Call Number: BF 721 H242 1998
- Dictionary of Psychology
- Encyclopedia of Psychological Assessment
Call Number: BF 176 E53 2003
- Encyclopedia of Psychology
Call Number: BF 31 E52 2000
- DSM IV TR
Call Number: RC 455.2 .C4 D54
- History of American Psychology
Call Number: BF 108 U5 H57 1989
- Mental Measurements Yearbook
Call Number: BF 431 B96 1940-current
- Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms
Call Number: Z 695.1 .P7 T48 2005
Access: Network restricted
Coverage: varies (most titles cover the previous 2-5 years)
Content: Full-text Psychology titles include: American Imago, Education and Treatment of Children, Journal for the Psychoanalysis of Culture and Society, Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, Perspectives on Science, and Philosophy,Psychiatry, & Psychology.
ProQuest Psychology Journals
Access: Proquest, network restricted
Content: Full-text, abstracts, and indexing for 710 journals in psychology and related fields plus related articles in education, business, medicine, nursing, law, and social work. (570 titles are full-text).
Psychology Collection (Gale)
Coverage: Varies by title
Content: Psychology Collection provides access to academic journals and magazines that cover the study of emotions, personality, and the human mind. The database offers content of interest to both researchers and general users.
PsycNET (PsycINFO & PsycARTICLES)
Access: Network restricted
Content: PsycNET includes PsycINFO and PsycARTICLES and contains abstracts and citations of journal articles, book chapters, and book literature in psychology as well as psychological aspects of related disciplines such as psychiatry, sociology, education, anthropology, business, etc. PsychArticles contains full-text for 78 journals including all APA published journals, Canadian Psychological Association journals and Hogrefe Publishing Group - English-language titles.
Social Sciences Full Text
Access: EBSCOhost, network restricted
Content: Full-text, abstracts, and indexing of articles in a wide range of interdisciplinary fields covered in a broad array of social sciences journals. Subjects include Anthropology, Criminal Justice, International Relations, Political Science, Psychology and more.
Access: Network Restricted
Content: Abstracts and full-text for Sociology and related fields (Criminal Justice, Gender Studies, Social Work, etc.). Abstracts for 1200 journal titles and full-text for 450 titles. Also, "SocINDEX features over 25,000 Author Profiles covering the most prolific, most cited, and most frequently searched for authors in the database."
- American Psychological Association (professional association with links to news, conventions, products, jobs, and more)
- C.G. Jung (information on Jung's life and work. Links to conferences, training, bibliographies, articles, and more)
- Classics in the History of Psychology ("online collection of over 25 books and about 200 articles and chapters of historically significant public domain documents from the scholarly literature of psychology and allied disciplines".) Internet Mental Health (megasite providing links to disorders, diagnosis, medications, magazine articles, research, and more)
- Psych Web (megasite providing links to books, brochures, career info, journals, topical essays, and tips for students)
- Psychology Experiments on the Internet (participate in and view over 35 experiments including attention, listening, learning, memory, perception of gender, and more.)
- Social Psychology Network (Links to many areas of Social Psychology including Topics- Prejudice, Discrimination, & Diversity, Gender, Violence, and Interpersonal Relations-, Doctoral Programs, Research, Journals, and Psychology Links by Area- Clinical, Cognitive, etc.)