- Research Tools
- Library Information
- Faculty Services
- Friends of the Library
Ask a Librarian
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
local: (727) 864-8337
- American Musical Theatre
Call Number: ML 1711 B67 1992
- American Playwrights since 1945: A Guide to
Scholarship, Criticism, and Performance
Call Number: PS 350 A53 1989
- Columbia Encyclopedia of Modern Drama
Call Number: PN1861 .C65 2007
- Critical Survey of Drama
Call Number: PR 623 C75 1994
- Directory of Theater Training Programs
Call Number: PN 2289 .D57
- Encyclopedia of Stage Plays into Film
Call Number: PN 1997.85 T544 2001
- International Dictionary of Theatre Language
Call Number: PN 2035 I5 1985
- McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of World Drama
Call Number: PN 1625 M3 1984
- Oxford Companion to American Theatre
- Theatre Profiles: the Illustrated Reference Guide to
America's Nonprofit Professional Theatre
Call Number: PN2289.T425 1996
Access: network restricted
Content: ARTstor is a collection of nearly one million digital images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and the social sciences. It includes a set of tools to view, present, and manage images for research and teaching. Once the Digital Library loads, you can take a minute to register for a user account or log in to your existing account for advanced functionality such as downloading images.ARTstor User Guide (PDF)
Fine Arts and Music Collection
Access: InfoTrac, network restricted
Content: Collection of 200 full-text periodicals covers different types of art and expression. It provides broad coverage of the arts from music and music theory to drama and the performing arts. It also provides content in the visual arts and art history.
Access: Network restricted
Coverage: varies (most titles cover the previous 2-5 years)
Content: Full-text Film and Theatre titles include: Asian Theatre Journal, Comparative Drama, Dance Research, Modern Drama, PAJ: A Journal of Performance and Art, TDR: The Drama Review, Theater, Theatre Journal, Theatre Topics, and more.
- American Theater Wing This site offers in-depth interviews with theater dancers, producers, directors, etc, as well as career guides, theater references, and scholarship/grant information.
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare arranged in three categories: comedy, history, tragedy.
- The Internet Broadway Database (IDBD) "The Internet Broadway Database archive is the official database for Broadway theatre information. IBDB provides records of productions from the beginnings of New York theatre until today. Details include pertinent people involved as well as interesting facts and production statistics"
- Playbill Online Current news and listings for national and international performance, awards, jobs, etc. Mainly American/Broadway focus.
- Theatrecrafts.com Practical information and advice about technical theatre techniques.