- About the QEP
- Faculty Fellows
- Community Agencies
Olivier Debure, Director QEP
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
local: (727) 864-8366
Student Learning Outcomes
In addition to their established course objectives, participating Faculty Fellows will select QEP student learning outcomes (SLO’s) to target in their reflective service-learning courses, which will be assessed in order to measure student learning. The following SLO’s were identified by the QEP advisory committee in the areas of critical thinking and problem-solving, civic engagement and leadership, and openness to diversity.
- SLO 1.1 – Students will connect knowledge (facts, concepts, theories, etc.) from their academic study/field/discipline to their service-learning experiences.
- SLO 1.2a – Students will demonstrate the ability to think critically about an area of service related to the discipline.
- SLO 1.3a – Students will demonstrate the ability to identify real-world problems and multiple solutions to address these from various perspectives.
- SLO 2.1a – Students will demonstrate a sense of personal civic responsibility.
- SLO 2.2 – Students will demonstrate leadership in civic activities.
- SLO 2.3a – Students will demonstrate a commitment to work collaboratively within a community context to achieve a civic aim.
- SLO 3.1a – Students will demonstrate comprehension of a range of perspectives on the issues relevant to their service-learning course (e.g., environmental, global, or social issues).
- SLO 3.2a – Students will demonstrate the ability to critique the assumptions and attitudes they and others bring to the service-learning experience.
- SL0 3.3a – Students will demonstrate openness to diverse perspectives.