- About the QEP
- Faculty Fellows
- Community Agencies
Olivier Debure, Director QEP
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
local: (727) 864-8366
Code of Conduct
Student Code of Conduct for Community Engagement in a QEP Course
Through your participation in a Reflective Service-Learning course and your involvement with community agencies, not only do you play a vital role in the implementation of Eckerd’s QEP, but be mindful you also play a critical role in the development or strengthening of a campus-community partnership. You represent Eckerd College in the community and should act in a way that casts a positive reflection of the college’s mission and values.
Please, enhance both your learning and the college’s image in the public eye- demonstrate what it means to be an Eckerd student by abiding by the following volunteer code of conduct:
As an Eckerd College student serving with a community agency through my participation in a Reflective Service-Learning course I will:
- Represent Eckerd College with pride, dignity, and professionalism.
- Conduct myself in a respectful and responsible manner.
- Work cooperatively with fellow volunteers, employees, supervisors, and clients at the partnering agency.
- Dress appropriately while serving with the agency and will follow the agency’s suggested dress code.
- Show respect to all persons, property, and ideas throughout my participation with the agency.
- Respect the privacy of persons served by the agency and will maintain confidential sensitive, private and personal information.
- Comply with policies, regulations, and standards upheld by the agency.
- Follow the expectations and procedures outlined by the agency.
- Be an active, hardworking participant and will perform tasks assigned to me with diligence and care.
- Maintain open and professional communication with the agency in regards to service schedule, responsibilities, and course requirements.
- Be consistent in adhering to the service schedule agreed upon with the community partner.
By electing this course, you've made a commitment to enhancing your educational experience that should be taken seriously both in the classroom and in the community. Take advantage of the opportunities offered by your service-learning project: if you recognize the transformative potential of the course, your learning will be strengthened and your experience will have greater significance.