- College Program Series
- Course Schedule Information
- Download Forms
- Dean's List
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
local: (727) 864-8217
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
fax: (727) 864-8060
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm
Parent Access to Education-Related Records
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), enacted by the United States Congress in 1974, sets forth requirements regarding the privacy of student records.
On-line Grades and Graduation Audit Access for Parents
Students can grant parents limited electronic access to view academic information by providing them with their Eckerd ID and PIN numbers. Students can find their PIN numbers in ECWeb under Personal Information\Directory Profile. This will allow access to grades and the graduation audit via ECWeb.
Directions for parents:
- Go to ECWeb.
- Log on to the EC Web using your student's Eckerd ID and PIN number.
- Click on Student.
- Click on Student Records.
- Click on one of the following:
- Midterm Grades
- Final Grades
- Academic Transcript (please note: only the student can order a transcript).
- Graduation Audit / Degree Plan
- Select the latest term (do not choose a PEL term).
- If you have chosen Graduation Audit / Degree Plan, click on the highlighted Program link. You will find the following:
- Summary Page - a quick look at the requirements the student has met and not met
- Graduation Audit / Degree Plan – a detailed review of the student's requirements and courses
- Other Courses-Not Used – a list of the student's courses which are not counting toward degree requirements (Ex. the first semester of a year-long course or an Incomplete)
Important Information Regarding the Degree Audit
- An area will show "met" if the student has registered for a course that fulfills it.
- The Graduation Audit is refreshed every night so you won't see changes until the next day.
- The audit is UNOFFICIAL, subject to review by the mentor and the college.
Authorization for Parents to Discuss Education Related Information
Students may authorize parents to speak with faculty and various departments as follows:
- Go to myEckerd and click on the FERPA link.
- Designate the type of information that can be given.
- Create a Pass Phrase for parents to use when calling.
- This authorization may be changed at any time by changing the Pass Phrase.