- College Program Series
- Course Schedule Information
- Download Forms
- Dean's List
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
local: (727) 864-8217
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
fax: (727) 864-8060
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm
Evaluation and Awarding of Transfer Credit
Credit is awarded for courses which fit Eckerd College's mission of providing an undergraduate liberal arts education and are comparable to Eckerd College courses. Transfer courses must be appropriate to a baccalaureate education and may indicate mastery of a particular body of knowledge or reflect the intellectual and practical skills that result from a liberal education such as critical inquiry and analysis, effective written and oral communication, quantitative and information literacy. No credit is granted for courses at a remedial level or at a level lower than those offered at Eckerd. Transfer credit is normally given for courses meeting the above criteria and completed with an earned grade of C- or better at a regionally accredited institution. Eckerd College is a participating institution in the Articulation Agreement between the Florida Community College System and the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF).
It is the policy of the college to:
- Award a two-year block of credit to students who have earned an Associate of Arts degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. Grades and quality point averages earned at other institutions, however, are not transferred to Eckerd and are not used in computing the student's Eckerd College grade point average.
- Accept, for transfer students without Associate of Arts degrees, only those appropriate courses in which grades of C- or higher were earned.
- Accept a maximum of 63 semester hours of transfer credit toward meeting the number of courses required for graduation. The last two academic years (four 14-week terms, two short terms) of study for an Eckerd College degree must be completed at Eckerd.
- Request that applicants who have earned credits more than five years ago, or whose earlier academic records are unavailable or unusual, direct special inquiry to the Office of Admission.
- Award transfer credit toward meeting the requirements of a major at the discretion of the faculty.
Applicants wishing to receive transfer credit for work done outside the United States should have their educational backgrounds evaluated through an international transcript evaluation service and have an official transfer credit recommendation sent to Eckerd College.