- About Us
- Annual Safety & Fire Reports
- Crime Statistics (PDF)
- Policies & Procedures
- Parking Information
- Guests on Campus
- Silent Witness
- The Student's Responsibility
- Tropical Weather Update
- Campus Safety Guide (staff use)
- Vehicle Registration
Campus Safety & Security
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
Office: (727) 864-8260
Golf Cart Policy
1.0 POLICY STATEMENT
This Golf Cart Safety Policy provides specific standards to ensure the safety of all persons operating or riding a golf cart on the Eckerd College campus.
2.0 STANDARD USE PREREQUISITES
- Operators must possess a valid driver's license.
- All operators must view the Eckerd College Golf Cart Training Video and pass a written test administered after viewing the video.
- Operators must obey all motor vehicle, traffic rules and regulations.
- Never overload the golf cart with people, equipment or other objects.
- Always lock and secure the golf cart when not in use.
- Never leave the keys in the golf cart when unattended.
- Never operate the golf cart with more passengers than it is designed to hold.
- Always keep hands, arms, feet and legs inside the golf cart when in motion.
- Golf carts should be used on campus streets whenever possible.
- If a golf cart must be operated on the sidewalk, it should be for emergencies only, remembering that the pedestrian always has the right of way.
- Operators will not drive a golf cart while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or medications that cause drowsiness.
3.0 PERSONNEL USE REQUIREMENTS
Directors and Deans:
- Shall be responsible for assuring that all individuals in their department, who will operate a golf cart, receive a copy of this policy.
- Shall be responsible for assuring that all individuals in their department comply and meet the requirements of the Golf Cart Safety Policy.
- Shall assure that each golf cart used by their department, is scheduled for, and receives preventative maintenance.
- Shall acknowledge and comply with this golf cart safety policy.
- Will report all accident involving a golf cart to their immediate supervisor and to the Campus Safety and Security Department (864-8260).
- If an accident involves an injury or property damage, an incident report must be completed at the time of the incident by the Campus Safety and Security Department.
- If an injury was sustained, and accident/injury report must be filled out completely by the operator and their immediate supervisor and submitted to the Human Resources office (864-8332) within 24 hours of the incident.
4.0 PARKING GOLF CARTS
- Parking will only be permitted in designated areas.
- Parking in unauthorized areas of the campus is subject to citation.
- When parked, golf carts must be properly secured and locked.
- Do not block entrances to buildings, stairways, disability ramps or other main egress patterns.