- About Us
- Annual Safety & Fire Reports
- Crime Statistics (PDF)
- Policies & Procedures
- Parking Information
- Guests on Campus
- Silent Witness
- The Student's Responsibility
- Tropical Weather Update
- Campus Safety Guide (staff use)
Campus Safety & Security
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
Office: (727) 864-8260
Intrusive Contact (Stalking) Policy
Eckerd College is committed to protecting the right of all individuals to pursue their intellectual, vocational, and personal interests in a harassment-free environment. Intrusive Contact, defined below, violates this right and will not be tolerated.
The College defines intrusive contact as repetitive, menacing pursuit, following, harassment and/or interference with the peace and/or safety of a member of the community, or the safety of any of the immediate family of members of the community.
Such behaviors and activities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- non-consensual communication, including face-to-face, phone calls, voice messages, text messages, electronic mail, any form of online sources, written letters, unwanted gifts
- threatening or obscene gestures
- lurking, pursuing or following
- surveillance or other types of observation
- non-consensual touching.
If you believe that you may be a victim of intrusive contact and/or stalking, report this immediately to Campus Safety (727-864-8260). No Contact Agreements and other protective options may be available to you. Please get help from someone you trust. Ask your friends, family and classmates to support your decision to remain apart from the suspected stalker. Do not assume you are overreacting. Trust your instincts. The following on-campus resources are here to assist you:
- Campus Safety: 727-864-8260
- Counseling Services: 727-864-8248 (confidential counseling)
- Outreach Services: 727-864-8407 (located in Brown Hall to provide support and referrals to campus and community agencies)
- Residence Life: 727-864-8421
- Dean of Students Office: 727-864-8421
- Campus Ministries: 727-864-8587
- Community Standards/Conduct: 727-864-7874
Stalking is a crime under Florida state law. Options available to victims of stalking include reporting to the local police, seeking a remedy through civil proceedings, and/or utilizing the campus conduct process. For police assistance call the non-emergency number of the St. Petersburg Police Department, 727-893-7780. In an emergency, call 911.
The term "Intrusive Contact" is language borrowed from Cornell University, College of Human Ecology.