- About Us
- Annual Safety & Fire Reports and Crime Statistics
- Emergency Response Team
- Mass Notification System
- Parking on Campus
- Safety Tips
- Tropical Weather & Emergency Preparedness Training
In the case of a life-threatening emergency, please call 911. Then call Campus Safety, 727-864-8260.
Brown Hall 155
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
EC-ERT Direct Line:
Annual Safety & Fire Reports and Crime Statistics
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, more commonly known as the Clery Act, requires colleges and universities to
- Publish an annual report every year by October 1 that contains three years of campus crime and fire safety statistics and certain campus security policy statements;
- Disclose crime statistics for the campus, public areas immediately adjacent to or running through the campus, and certain non-campus facilities and remote classrooms. The statistics must be gathered from campus police or security, local law enforcement, and other College officials who have “significant responsibility for student and campus activities”;
- Provide “timely warning” notices of those crimes that have occurred and pose an ongoing “threat to students and employees”;
- Implement emergency notification procedures if there is an immediate threat to the health or safety of students or employees on campus;
- Disclose in a public crime log “any crime that occurred on campus...or within the patrol jurisdiction of the campus security department and is reported to the campus security department”; and
- Maintain a public fire log that records any fires that have occurred in an on- campus student housing facility.
Eckerd College Campus Safety and Security strives to not only meet but exceed these requirements.
- 2015 Campus Safety Fire Report - Refer to page 27 to see Crime Statistics for Eckerd College's Main Campus.
- Tampa PEL Center 2015 Safety Report - Refer to page 7 to see Crime Statistics for Eckerd College's PEL Tampa Center.
Policies Included in this Report
Here at Eckerd College, providing a safe and carefree environment in which to live, learn and work is our main objective. For more information, see the Eckerd College Student Handbook (EC-Book).