- About Us
- Service Programs
- Reflective Service-Learning
- Service Beyond Eckerd
- Service Archive
- Course Building Materials
Director of Service-Learning
Office of Service-Learning
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
11-12 Annual Report
Service-Learning was an extremely active part of campus life this past academic year as student participation in service increased by over 10,000 hours. This increase brought the overall total to 83,354 hours given by our community in the past academic year. That's an average of 45 hours donated per student this past academic year. Other highlights include:
- Academic service-learning hours saw an increase of 7,563 hours from 33,279 hours in 2010-2011 to 40,842 this past academic year. Olivier DeBure and Amanda Foster’s work on the QEP along with the participating QEP faculty account for this important increase.
- Co-curricular programmed service hours out of the Office of Service-Learning accounted for a 3,885 hour increase from 14,391 to 18,276 from the previous year. We implemented a number of environmental service programs and other activities to contribute to this increase.
- Service-Learning led 19 spring break service projects this past March, one more from the previous year and for an increase of 6,457 hours to 7,719.
- Strong student leadership in the Knox House community service dorm accounted for a 242 service hour increase in that residence hall. Knox represents our interest in combining service with the important residential aspect of our institution.
Service remains an important part of the Eckerd experience and should only improve with the continued implementation of our college-wide Quality Enhancement Plan which focuses on reflective service-learning.