Selfies with Chelsea

January 30, 2014 : 3:47 pm | by Chelsea Fearn

Duck faces and peace signs; the two main components of a ‘Selfie’ and while it may seem stupid taking a picture of yourself it can be quite entertaining. The idea wasn’t original, being a part of the “Me Generation” we kind of coined the term so to mock the culture that I am currently a part of I created “Slefies with Celebrities” not only was I trying to make celebrities have a little fun I also just wanted pictures with famous people.

I knew it was going to be a challenge considering my shyness, but I decided to give it a shot. First I took pictures with them as I did with Paul Eenhorn from ‘Land Ho!’ and Steven Ellison aka Flying Lotus. Then I figured I was just taking stupid pictures with celebrities so then I asked the cast of The Disobedient to take selfies with my phone which I found to be much more exciting. They aren’t extremely well known names just people that were somewhat famous at Sundance, which is all that I wanted.

I didn’t need pictures of super famous people to show to my friends, it would have been cool don’t get me wrong but it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. I was only able to take three picture but they were totally worth it! I know it was a borderline silly and stupid idea but it was fun! It wasn’t meant to be serious and the celebrities had fun doing it…I think. Anyways there’s not much else to say. I wanted it to be an extensive project but me and my scattered brain made sure that didn’t happen. So I tried taking pictures of food that went along with the film I had just seen and that sort of worked. I was surprised to see that not a lot of the films had food in them. So I just stuck with slefies.