Response Area and Services Offered
• Tampa and Boca Ciega Bay (Surrounding waters of Southern Pinellas County)
• Northern Boundary - John's Pass: 27º48.50 N
• Southern Boundary - Longboat Pass: 27º26.00 N
• Approximately 10 miles offshore into the Gulf of Mexico: 082º55.70
All Services are Free of Charge, Offered 24 Hours/Day, 7 Days/Week
- Towing to Nearest Safe Mooring
- Search and Rescue Services
- Coordinating Searches for missing persons or overdue vessels
- Dewatering sinking vessels
- Pulling vessels from aground
- Responding to Pinellas County 9-1-1, Maritime Rescue Calls as a Basic Life Support Provider (BLS) in EC-SAR's service area.
How to Contact EC-SAR
- (727) 864-8256 - Press 3 when prompted after hours.
- VHF 16/68
- Through Coast Guard Sector St. Petersburg
- Specify "Eckerd College Search and Rescue"
Information to Give EC-SAR
- Nature of Distress
- Number of Persons on Board
- Description of Vessel
- VHF Channel or Phone number for Recontact