Facts & Features
- Wallace Boathouse
- Outdoor Classrooms
- Picnic/Seating Area
- Snack Bar & Ship Store
- Multiple Docks
- Activities Center
- Classrooms Equipped for
- Multi-Media Instruction
- Restroom Facilities
- Weather Tracking System
Equipment and Safety
- All watersports equipment and instructional supplies provided.
- Life Jackets provided- Always worn when on the water and on the docks.
- Each class supervised by instructor in safety boat.
- Classes taught on the keelboats have an instructor aboard each boat.
- All boats equipped with required safety gear.
- All instructors certified in CPR and First Aid.
Each Participant Receives:
Certificate of Completion for each class
General Class Information
- Most classes occur in the protected waters of Frenchman's Creek, adjacent to the Waterfront facilities.
- More advanced classes expand into the open waters of Boca Ciega Bay, adjacent to the college.
- For their safety, all students must be able to swim.
- As we all know, the weather in Florida may be unpredictable at times.
- Classes are held rain or shine! If the weather makes on-water practice impractical, students will participate in classroom instruction and other land activities.
- Make-up sessions of are not offered.
Eckerd College Waterfront Program
4200 54th Ave. South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711