Registration / Camp Procedures
- Participants are required to have medical insurance.
- Participants must be able to swim. A swim test for each student is administered on the first day of class.
- To register, guardians must complete our camp waiver form for each participant and agree to follow camp procedures.
- The full payment is required to reserve a space in a class.
- A maximum of 10% discount is given for multiple siblings or multiple class registrations. Discounts are not applied on a retroactive basis and are only given at the time of registration.
- A 10% discount is given to members of the Eckerd College community, including staff, faculty, alumni, ASPEC, and students. If the participant qualifies for the multiple siblings or multiple class discount, they will be entitled to a total of a 20% discount. Discounts are not applied on a retroactive basis and are only given at the time of registration.
- Credit card payments may be processed online or in person in our office. We are not able to accept credit card payments over the phone, by fax, or by mail. If registering by mail, payment may be made by check.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
- No Refunds - Registrations canceled on or after the start of camp.
- No Refunds - Changes to camp participation after start of camp.
- A $50 Administrative Fee will be charged for changing or canceling registrations prior start of camp.
- Eckerd College reserves the right to cancel classes that have not met the minimum enrollment. If we cancel a class, your payment will be fully refunded.
- Requests for full refunds due to injury or illness must be accompanied by a physician’s written verification of date and type of injury or illness. This verification must be received no later than one week after the missed class.
GENERAL INFORMATION/CAMP POLICIES
- Check-in/Pick up
- Please arrive 30 minutes early on the first day of class so we can complete your registration process.
- Students should be dropped off and picked up within 15 minutes of the start and end of each class. If this is not possible, please make arrangements for our extended care services. Care may be provided for a maximum of one hour before and after class. A fee of $5 per 15 minute interval is charged for early drop off or late pick up.
- Students may be picked up only by those indicated in the approved list provided by the guardian.
- When students are picked up at the end of class, they must be signed out.
- Students in full day classes should either bring a lunch or purchase a lunch from the Waterfront Snack Bar. For your convenience - and for guaranteed availability - lunches may be ordered. To ensure the availability of your selections, we must receive this form one week prior to the beginning of your class.
- If a student is enrolled in both a morning and afternoon class, child care during lunch is complimentary.
- Each week is capped off with an awards ceremony. Participants receive a certificate for completion of their class and a photo of them participating. Awards for Sportsmanship and Most Improved are presented for each class. Parents and family members are welcome to attend. Bring your cameras and help your children celebrate their week of learning and fun!
- As stated, each student receives a photo of them participating in their class. These photos may be used in advertising or literature developed to promote the summer camp. By agreeing to these policies, you are indicating that you are giving Eckerd College permission to use photos of your student in class.
- As we all know, the weather in Florida may be unpredictable at times. Classes are held rain or shine! If the weather makes on-water practice impractical, students will participate in classroom instruction and other land activities. Make-up sessions of on-water practice are not offered.
- Classes may be canceled if a tropical storm or hurricane is in the area. In this situation, pro-rated refunds will be given for days of class lost.
- All students must wear proper footwear at all times, both on land and on the water. Flip flops are not acceptable. Water shoes, sneakers, or sports sandals with Velcro straps are recommended.
- All students must wear their lifejackets while on the water and on the docks.
- Students are expected to follow the directions of their instructors at all times.
- All students are expected to work together during class set-up and breakdown. This includes rigging and de-rigging boats and equipment, and cleanup of supplies used in class. Students should not arrive late or leave early unless prior arrangements are made with the instructor.
- To ensure an enjoyable experience for all, student behavior is closely monitored during classes. Behavioral problems are addressed immediately in class with the intention of coaching students through situations and avoiding future conflicts. If problems persist, the instructor will meet with the parents to develop a solution. There will be no refunds given for students removed from class due to behavioral problems.