Ph.D., Political Science, Northwestern University (2019)
- intellectual history, democracy, spectatorship, political representation
- textual interpretation
- ‘This Hearing Should be Flipped’: Democratic Spectatorship, Social Media, and the Problem of Demagogic Candor,” American Political Science Review (forthcoming).
- “Authoring Machiavelli: Barbara Salutati, La Mandragola, and the Performance of Political Theory,” in The Wives of Western Philosophy: Gender Politics in Intellectual Labor, ed. Jennifer Forestal and Menaka Philips (Routledge, 2021).
- “Staging Emile: Audience and Genre in Collective Self-Legislation,” The Review of Politics 81.3 (Summer 2019).
- “Mapping rule and subversion: Perspective and the democratic turn in Machiavelli scholarship,” The European Journal of Political Theory 18.1 (January 2019).
Banner photo: Artifacts from Palace of Knossos by Emily Ashe ’20