ASPEC is a unique community for lifelong learning which meets primarily at Lewis House on the Eckerd College campus. We are a member led organization with approximately 300 retired and semi-retired professionals from all walks of life.
ASPEC offers both full time and seasonal memberships. ASPEC has an application process. An initiation fee is required at the time membership begins and annual dues are billed quarterly.
We invite you to come and explore your intellectual horizons in a friendly congenial environment.
Member for a Month
Aren’t sure ASPEC is right for you? Become a “Member for a Month.”
First time ASPEC guests and their significant others are invited to spend four consecutive weeks at ASPEC for $50.
During these weeks, attend our many Interest Group sessions, all led by ASPEC members, including:
- Medical Topics for the Layperson
- Current Events
- Religions and Faiths
- Visual Arts
- World Classics Literature
- Economics and Prosperity
- Chair Yoga
- Tai Chi and more
Social events include weekly wine and cheese socials and a monthly “Evening Out” at a local restaurant. There is a Foreign Film group, museum tours, poetry readings and much, much more.
Benefits of Belonging
Being a member of ASPEC brings numerous benefits. Examples include:
- Free use of the Waterfront program’s sailing vessels, canoes, kayaks and motorboats; reduced rate for classes
- Free use of the Eckerd library and its numerous resources and research databases
- Exciting and stimulating campus events, including lectures and theater performances
- Discounted tickets for the Met Opera Live in HD and National Theatre Live at Miller Auditorium
- Discounts at the bookstore and cafeterias
- Free access to the College’s varsity athletic events
- Free membership in the Eckerd College’s OLLI program
- Free email account
- Regular social events including weekly social hours and evenings out at local restaurants