The Eckerd College Conference Center will create the right environment for your next meeting, retreat, conference, seminar or other special event by providing:
- Professional Meeting Facilities
- Excellent Food Service
- Personalized Meeting Planning Services
Conference Center staff will handle all of the logistical details, freeing you to concentrate on the content and goals of your function.
Conference Center staff
Professional attitude, attention to detail, and working to understand your needs, all with a friendly smile, are hallmarks of our service.
Our staff work with you from the beginning to plan the meeting details so that you can focus on the substance of your program.
- Selecting appropriate meeting rooms
- Helping you choose the best room setup
- Providing adequate parking
- Setting up all required audiovisual equipment
- Choosing appropriate catering and meal plans
- Arranging for other campus facilities or activities
- Providing sufficient information for preparation of a complete meeting budget
- Assistance during the program with last minute photocopying, faxing, audiovisual support
- Timely invoicing
The Conference Center offers a variety of professional quality meeting rooms which can accommodate small groups or conferences up to 150 participants. Our meeting planners work with you to select the right choice of rooms and audiovisual support to meet your specific needs. Audiovisual equipment is included in the room fees.
Flamingo and Heron rooms accommodate medium to large groups.
30″ X 60″ tables provide complete flexibility of arrangements. For example:
- 5′ squares each seating 6-8 people, suitable for a banquet for up to 100 people
- Training “U” for up to 50 people
- Classroom style accommodating up to 100 people
- Auditorium style, with tables removed, for up to 200 people
Ergonomic high backed upholstered executive style chairs swivel and tilt. The same comfortable chairs are provided in the small conference / breakout rooms, Seagull and Sandpiper, which seat up to 12 people.
The Pelican and Spoonbill rooms provide more informal meeting space:
- 24″ x 72″ tables are arranged to accommodate each group’s needs.
- upholstered arm chairs provide seating for up to 100 people.
Conference Center seminar rooms are equipped with the following audiovisual equipment:
- Video-data projection system
- Overhead projector
- Slide projector
- Video monitor
- CD / Tape player
- Flip charts
- Bulletin boards
- White board
- Enhanced sound system
And best of all, the above items are all included in the base price charged for daily room use. Staff technicians are on site to assist with presentations and to provide technical support as needed at no additional cost.
Appealing food and refreshments served in a pleasant setting are crucial to successful meetings.
We offer cafeteria style meals in our waterfront dining room as well as complete catering service for coffee breaks and meals.
Full breakfast, lunch and dinner service are offered buffet style daily at the Conference Center cafeteria. You may select a light menu or satisfy a hearty appetite by choosing from a variety of offerings.
Individuals in your group may elect to eat their meals in the cafeteria on their own, or a special conference package may be arranged for your participants.
Contact us about conference rates for all dining service options.
Catering services may be arranged through your Conference Coordinator as part of the planning for your function. Menus are available to help you choose the perfect continental breakfast, refreshment breaks, buffet lunch, banquet, or evening reception. Or our professional chef will work with you to create a menu of your choice.