Changes to Library Hours and Services
Please see information related to Eckerd College’s response to COVID-19 on the COLLEGE UPDATES AND ANSWERS RELATED TO COVID-19
Due to concerns for the health of library staff and faculty, library access will be limited until further notice. Please note the following changes to our hours and services:
Changes to Library Hours
- The library’s physical collections will only be accessible to faculty and staff, by appointment only. Appointments are available between Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to noon. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Eckerd ID will be required for entry.
- The physical Library will be closed on Saturday and Sunday through the summer.
- Please see specific Library hours.
Reference librarians continue to be available to support the research needs of our community.
Librarians are available via the following:
- Online via
- Chat on Library website
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text: 727-341-5863
- Online consultation via Google Meet or Zoom
- You can continue to use our Book a Librarian tool to make virtual appointments with a librarian
Regular reference hours:
- Monday to Friday
- 9 a.m. – noon
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Library Policies & Resources
- Due dates for EC library materials are suspended until further notice. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions about borrowing materials.
- Faculty materials delivery via Eckerd Express is suspended until further notice.
- Interlibrary Loan services remain normal for electronic material requests but physical requests are no longer accepted. Libraries across the country have suspended borrowing of physical materials.
- OneSearch and all online journals, ebooks, streaming videos, and databases are available from off campus from the library website: http://eckerd.edu/library
- There are research guides and course guides available to help you with your research.
- If you would like assistance with finding resources to supplement the online delivery of your course, please let us know by contacting Aimee Crawford (firstname.lastname@example.org) to order materials for the collection. NOTE: Not all books or films are available in digital format for use by campuses. We will let you know what options are available through the Library and other online collections.
- See the Guide to Library Resources for Teaching Online which highlights online ebook, streaming video, and database collections that can be used to supplement your courses online.
- Faculty should contact collegial librarians to arrange online instruction or to request a new LibGuide for a course. See the Course Guides List.
The Library is here to support you. Please contact us if you need anything.