Changes to Library Hours and Services
Please see information related to Eckerd College’s response to COVID-19 on the COLLEGE UPDATES AND ANSWERS RELATED TO COVID-19
Due to concerns for the health of library staff and faculty, library access will be limited for the remainder of the semester. Please note the following changes to our hours and services:
Changes to Library Hours
- Beginning Monday, March 23rd, the library’s physical collections will only be accessible to faculty and staff, by appointment only. Appointments are available between Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to noon. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Eckerd ID will be required for entry.
- The Library will be closed on Saturday and Sunday until further notice.
- Please see specific Library hours.
Reference librarians will continue to be available to support the research needs of our community.
Librarians will be available via the following:
- Online via
- Chat on Library website
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: 727-341-5863
- Online consultation via Google or GoToMeeting
- You can continue to use our Book a Librarian tool to make virtual appointments with a librarian
On March 30th, when classes resume online, regular reference hours will also resume online via chat, email, or text:
- Monday to Friday
- 9 a.m. – noon
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Library Policies & Resources
- Due dates for EC library materials will be suspended until further notice. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about borrowing materials.
- Faculty materials delivery via Eckerd Express is suspended until further notice.
- Interlibrary Loan services remain normal for electronic material requests but physical requests are no longer accepted. Libraries across the country have suspended borrowing of physical materials.
- OneSearch and all online journals, ebooks, streaming videos, and databases are available from off campus from the library website: http://eckerd.edu/library
- There are research guides and course guides available to help you with your research.
- If you would like assistance with finding resources to supplement the online delivery of your course, please let us know by contacting Aimee Crawford (email@example.com) to order materials for the collection. NOTE: Not all books or films are available in digital format for use by campuses. We will let you know what options are available through the Library and other online collections.
- See the Guide to Library Resources for Teaching Online which highlights online ebook, streaming video, and database collections that can be used to supplement your courses online.
- Faculty should contact collegial librarians to arrange online instruction or to request a new LibGuide for a course. See the Course Guides List.
The Library is here to support you. Please contact us if you need anything.