More than 300 courses every year – from art to zydeco!
OLLI at Eckerd College offers more than 300 classes a year on a wide variety of topics. Classes and interest groups are regularly held at our home on the Eckerd College Campus in St. Petersburg and a satellite campus in Palm Harbor. Formats range from one session lectures to multi-session courses, from day trips to multi-day international tours.
OLLI has three terms: Fall (September through December), Winter (January through April), and Spring/Summer (May – September.) Most activities are offered on week-days but some events take place during evenings and on weekends. OLLI members receive significant discounts on class registration fees.
Try us out!
New to the area? Just visiting? Have a friend in town? We welcome you to join us for one class at the member rate—for one time only—before deciding on an annual membership. Select a class that interests you and call the OLLI office at 727.864.7600 to check space availability. Special offer does not apply to day trips or special events.
You can read full class descriptions in the printable (PDF) version of our catalog or by visiting our registration website. When you’re ready to register, read through our step-by-step instructions for online registration, at right , or call the OLLI office at 727.864.7600.
To have a copy of our catalog mailed to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in Teaching for OLLI?
OLLI’s instructors are its lifeblood – they deliver great content, facilitate meaningful discussions, and keep OLLI members on their toes with new perspectives. Each term OLLI welcomes back veteran instructors who have been with OLLI for years, while also introducing new instructors that have come to us via member recommendation, staff research, or their own outreach.
Curriculum development procedure
Beginning in May of 2017 OLLI will implement a new curriculum development procedure, asking all potential instructors to submit course proposals through an easy, online form. Below is an outline of the new procedure.
- Call for Proposals: OLLI will issue a call for proposals for the upcoming term. This will happen in May (for Fall Term), August (for Winter Term), and January (for Summer Term) of each year. Interested instructors will submit proposals through an online form.
- Acceptance of Proposals: After review by the OLLI staff and Curriculum Committee, courses will be selected and invitations to present will be delivered. This will take place approximately one month after the call for proposals has been issued. (Some proposals may be confirmed in advance of this step via discussion between the staff and instructor.)
- Signing of instructor teaching agreements: A teaching agreement will be submitted to instructors via email for confirmation of course commitments.
- Creation of catalog: Using course descriptions presented during the call for proposals, the catalog for the upcoming term will be created.
- Distribution of catalog: The catalog will be delivered by mail to all 1,600 OLLI members with an additional 3,000 catalogs delivered to community outlets.
- Registration begins: Registration typically opens a month or two in advance of an upcoming term, depending on catalog release date and term.
- Course reminder email: A reminder email will be sent to instructor’s approximately two weeks in advance of the beginning of their course.