Every year, PEL hosts a number of alumni-oriented events, including:
- Think Outside the Major (Fall and Spring). A panel of Eckerd alumni share their experiences in building successful careers on the foundation of a liberal arts education.
- PEL Alumni Service Day (November). In November 2015, PEL and residential alumni and students hosted 48 children from the St. Petersburg Salvation Army’s Sallie House and Children’s Village, two crisis shelters serving local children, for a campus-wide fun day. Read more about this event here.
- Writers in Paradise Reception (January). An opportunity to socialize and enjoy the opening night of the Writers in Paradise conference together.
- Alumni Weekend Reception (March). A chance to reconnect with fellow PEL alumni amid the Eckerd Alumni Reunion festivities.
Join the PEL Alumni Ambassadors!
The PEL Alumni Ambassadors support the program by hosting alumni networking and engagement events and contributing to new student recruitment efforts. Their mission is to enrich and promote the unique experience of an Eckerd education.
As a member of our Alumni Ambassador team, you may participate in a variety of outreach programs, including:
- Help plan and host PEL alumni engagement activities
- Share your PEL story with prospective students
- Act as a liaison between PEL admissions staff and your employer, or represent PEL at an education fair held at your place of employment
- Assist at recruitment events such as open houses or PEL Orientation
If you are interested in helping with this outreach effort, please contact our PEL Alumni Engagement coordinator, Donna Littell ’75 (email@example.com).
Show your pride with an Eckerd College license plate. Specialty license plates cost a set fee (annually) above the standard Florida license plate, and the fees vary based on the type of license plate. For each Eckerd College plate purchased, $25 goes to the Annual Fund to help with scholarships and academic enhancements. Learn more about specialty license plates here.