Frequently Asked Questions

What is the difference between Financial Aid Office and Bursar's Office?

The Financial Aid Office determines a student’s eligibility for financial aid, makes an award and disburses the financial aid to the student’s account. The Bursar’s Office is responsible for the billing and collections of tuition and fees and processing refunds.

What method of payments does the College accept?

The College accepts personal checks, third-party checks, credit card payments, ACH payments (on-line only), and bank wire transfers.

Is there a fee charge for a credit card payment?

There is no fee assessed when you make a credit card payment.

How do I access my account on-line?

You may access your account online; you will need your Eckerd College id# and pin#. If you do not have or lost your pin#, please email and your pin# will be sent to you.

How can I use my financial aid to purchase books?

Students with excess financial aid may charge books to their student account by completing the Bookstore Authorization form. You may download the form from the Bursar’s webpage, once the form is completed and returned to the Bursar’s office it normally takes 24 hrs for approval. If you are approved, an email notification will be sent to your Eckerd College email advising you of the approved amount.

I do not understand my bill, who can I contact for further explanation?

You may stop by the Bursar’s office (Student Accounts) located in Franklin Templeton building, 2nd floor, room #253 between 8:30am – 5 p.m.; or, you may call direct 727-864-8321 or 8352, toll free 1-800-456-9009, ext. #8321 or #8352.

Why is my account on hold if I have scholarship and financial aid?

A hold is placed on an account when there is a past due balance or if the balance is not covered by financial aid. Until the balance is paid the hold will remain on your account, you may contact the Bursar’s office to satisfy the hold.

When will I receive my bill and when is it due?

The College provides paper bills at the start of each semester only, Fall billing is mailed July 15, and Spring billing is mailed December 15. All billings after these dates will be provided electronically and is available on-line 24/7. Payment is due by the 1st day of class of each term.

Why was I charged a finance charge?

A monthly finance charge at a rate of 4% above prime is assessed on all outstanding balances after the due dates.

When will my financial aid be applied to my account and when will I receive my refund?

Financial aid is disbursed to your student account usually the 1st week of November for fall semester and 1st week of April for spring semester. Refunds generated by financial aid funds are not available until after enrollment is confirmed and all financial aid disbursed. When the above processes are completed your refund request will be submitted and it will take approximately 5-10 business days to process your refund check.

In order to receive my tuition reimbursement, my employer is requesting a paid invoice with course description; who should I contact for this?

Most employers will accept a copy of the eBill page printed, if your employer requires additional documentation, you may contact the Bursar’s office (Student Accounts) and we will be happy to provide you with the course description invoice for your employer.

My employer provides me with a tuition reimbursement benefit; how will this apply to my bill?

Tuition reimbursement benefits are between the employer and employee, this benefit is paid directly to the employee. For this reason, this benefit is not reflected on your billing and you are responsible to pay all balances by the due date.