Cozen O’Connor Webinars
- May 21, 2020 titled, A First Look at the Title IX Regulations: Summary of Key Provisions and Practical Implementation Considerations.
- June 8, 2020 titled, The New Title IX Regulations: Policies, Procedures, and Practical Implementation – Putting the Pieces Together by August 14, 2020
- June 29, 2020 titled, The New Title IX Regulations: Initial Assessment: Notice, Jurisdiction, Supportive Measures and Formal Complaints
- July 13, 2020 titled, The New Title IX Regulations: Investigations and Evidentiary Issues
- July 20, 2020 titled, The New Title IX Regulations: Hearings: Balancing Compliance with Care Part One
- August 3, 2020 titled, The New Title IX Regulations:Hearings: Balancing Compliance with Care Part Two
- Informal Resolutions, Effective Practices
- Corollary Considerations: Employee cases and intersections with other state and federal laws
- Trainings & Documentation: Who and When?, Approach and Content
- Clery and VAWA: Intersections between Clery/VAWA and Title IX
- Intake and Investigation Training – March 20, 2021
- ATIXA Civil Rights Investigator Training and Certification
- ATIXA Title IX Coordinator and Administrator Training and Certification
- ATIXA Title IX Hearing Officer and Decision Maker Training and Certification
These materials are copyrighted and proprietary and cannot be posted online. These materials are available to view, for inspection only and upon request, in the Title IX office.
U.S. Department of Education – Office for Civil Rights
- OCR 100: An Introduction to Federal Civil Rights Protections in Education – This short webinar provides an overview of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
- OCR Webinar on New Title IX Protections Against Sexual Assault – This webinar discusses the new protections that the Department’s new Title IX regulations provide to individuals who allege sexual harassment or sexual assault.
College-wide Education and Training
Training for Students
Eckerd College is committed to ensuring that we provide a safe campus environment for all of our students to be able to learn, free from discrimination. In addition to information provided in new student orientation, Eckerd provides primary prevention education in the form of an interactive online training course: Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates. This training addresses: fostering healthy relationships and preparing students to recognize and respond to sexual assault and harassment when it occurs.
Training for Employees
Eckerd College is committed to ensuring that we provide a safe workplace environment for all employees. Eckerd provides education in the form of an interactive online training course: Harassment Prevention. This course is designed for supervisors and non-supervisors to raise awareness about harassment and discrimination by explaining the law, and providing insight on how to appropriately respond to and report misconduct. Learn tips to maintain a respectful work environment, including safe and positive options for bystander intervention, using inclusive language, and avoiding microaggressions.
To request a training course, please email the Title IX office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a Training
Eckerd’s Title IX Office strives to deliver training for faculty, staff and students. To request a workshop, presentation or training, email the Title IX office at email@example.com. It is most helpful if you can include the following:
- Type of Participants (students, staff, student organization, faculty, etc.)
- Estimated Number of participants
- Preferred date(s) and time(s)
- Topics or Goals to be addressed