I’D RATHER BE AT THE WATERFRONT –
In April, we celebrated all that makes the Eckerd College Waterfront the best place on campus to be with our first-ever I’d Rather Be at the Waterfront: A 5–Day $50K Challenge.
• Replacement of the Recreation Dinghy Sailboat Fleet, which is almost 20 years old.
• Purchase of a new Search and Rescue Team Boat to complete the fleet.
• Support of recreational camping, kayaking and paddleboarding excursions, to explore the natural wonders of Florida.
Here is how you can contact your Board Members:
Tom Moore ’99
Ainsley Legner ’83
Kim Amendola ’92
Monica Burton ’00
Todd Godfrey ’99
Alicia Lorfink ‘14
Eric Lundin ’84
John Meiners ‘84
Greg Mino ’93
Kevin Sherburne ’78
Jesse Turtle ‘91
Renee Register ’83
Director of Waterfront
William C. Covert
Become a Member
Welcome! Thanks for taking a moment to reflect on the time you spent at the Eckerd College Waterfront Program.
We formed The Friends of the Waterfront to keep alumni like you connected to the EC Waterfront and to each other. The purpose of the association is to:
- Strengthen alumni ties and encourage alumni involvement
- Offer career networking opportunities to students and alumni
- Draw on alumni expertise to support the program
Why become a friend? The Waterfront Program has enriched the lives of countless Eckerd College students, faculty, and staff for over three decades. Become a friend to affirm the importance of the Waterfront and its three goals: Lifetime Sports, Education and Community Service.
Join us and make new memories for yourself and for future generations of Eckerd students. We need you. You can make a difference.
As a Friend, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Meet with alumni and program supporters at sponsored events on campus
- Get involved with committees and event planning
- Create internship opportunities for today’s students
Or simply stay up-to-date with the latest news, upcoming events and goals of the Waterfront.
How much you do is completely up to you!
Membership is open to EC Alumni and their families, former Waterfront Staff, EC Faculty and Staff, and special friends. There are no dues required for membership, but we hope you will make an annual contribution to support the Waterfront.